Can you survive an interloper spawn in Blackrock, without knowing where any items are? Let's find out.

Zaknafein

This is the closest I would get to the feeling of trying the game for the first time. I had played Episode 4, but only gone to the major locations. I did not know where any items spawned, except for a few rumours I heard before recording. This is how you survive an interloper spawn in Blackrock, without really knowing the map.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zaknafein said:

This is the closest I would get to the feeling of trying the game for the first time. I had played Episode 4, but only gone to the major locations. I did not know where any items spawned, except for a few rumours I heard before recording. This is how you survive an interloper spawn in Blackrock, without really knowing the map.

Good job ZAK 👍

All for the sake of science :) Could you please test something like this during the aurora borealis, if it works: In some cars (I noticed such, for example, in transition zones - Keeper's Pass South) there are options after pointing with the mouse?
These are:
GAMEPLAY_HeatedSeats
GAMEPLAY_Lights

I wonder if they work during the aurora?
Maybe you will be able to be in such a car during the aurora
Especially HeatedSeats 
I am very curious - all for the sake of science 😊
Take care of yourself my friend 🌡❤

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing! I hope that someone from hinterland watches this too, I don't think wolves/timberwolves are supposed to behave like that. The "excercising" wolf is clearly a bug (which I had too) but a wolf which is just standing there after throwing a torch seems to be bugged too. Not to mention the timberwolves, this makes an encounter quite trivial.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Um no- because the “finish episode 4 in an hour” wouldn’t have been your first play through. No way. 
 Even seeing a map once - not playing it but just seeing the map is such an incredible advantage over just a cold start. 

Yes, it wasn't my first run, but you said I "have posted multiple, multiple times on completing episode 4 various ways", but one post does not mean "multiple" posts nor "various ways" :) That's what I contested.

For the record: Prior to this video, I had completed Episode 4 once, done a quick practice run and then recorded my speedrun (so 3 total). As you say, it gives a big advantage :) But like I said, the video is NOT about not knowing the map, it is about not knowing item spawns - all that is up in the air, as survival and story do not have anything close to the same spawns. All that being said, I nevertheless appreciate the critical thinking on your part.

I very much enjoyed your video.  Even if it is apparent that you did have a little bit of prior knowledge of the map due to having played Wintermute, you do demonstrate a lot of skill re the general gameplay.  Certainly, a challenge that you handled well.  BTW, I also very much like your narrative style.  Good job.

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng

One truly achieves greatness upon realizing that your own feats stand out even more when you stop looking down on those which are lesser, but start elevating them.

Yeah, totally made up quote.

Edited by jeffpeng

• Admin locked this topic