Game failing to save. XB series X

sierra 117

So I have taken my faithful cartographer( pilgrim mapping run) into Blackrock to explore.

The game saved fine when I entered the substation, however once /when I try to enter Blackrock prison or save the game anywhere else on the map I get a 

Failed to save game please check sufficient storage , notice. 

So I quit to the main menu check my save and it seems OK load it up and I'm where tried to save. 

Then when I close/shutdown the game/console. I am reverted back to my save in the substation. Or back even further to where I slept in the transition zone(I forget the name)

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

I have been having issues with Internet past couple of days. So it could be that I've been tethered to my phone data causing issues.

I lost a 700+ day run to a save issue a few months ago. One minute it would save ,then it wouldn't until it stopped saving altogether. I ended up throwing Astrid off a cliff in HRV. The only time I ever went there in the entire run.

It was very annoying but ultimately there was nothing I could do. 

There's a theory that the game tries to kill you after 500 days or so and so far I tend to agree with it.

Sorry you're having this problem ,it sucks big time .but I hope you get it fixed anyway. 

Edited by Leeanda

I've had the same issue on my longest X Box One save.

No solution found despite Hinterland supports help - gave up and started again. 

Mighty frustrating after devoting such a large amount of time to a run to encounter such a crushing bug 😪

Thread here

Edited by Murpharoo

• 4 months later...
On 5/12/2022 at 5:06 AM, Murpharoo said:

This bug seemed to have been fixed after the 2.00 update. I could play for a couple of weeks but it's back again now preventing any further progress as the game won't save. 

Any ideas Hinterland or anyone else ?

We are still investigating save issues. If you haven't already, please file a ticket via our Support Portal so we can investigate further and monitor how widespread the issues are: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us