questions about the story line and Great Bear Islands history?

piddy3825

1 hour ago, Docent-ø-Placebo said:

Hide contents

By the way, at the very beginning of the new episode Mathis mentioned the old lady he killed who wandered into the dam. Unfortunately, it looks very much like one of the characters you mentioned is no longer alive.

😔

Oh nooo 🙁

1 hour ago, Docent-ø-Placebo said:

In the Ep4 there was a very clear and specific answer to these questions. It was in the longest cutscene.

Reveal hidden contents

Franklin the Warden told Mackenzie that for some time after the event and the early auroras the penitentiary was working with backup generators, but further the staff no longer had the ability to restrain the inmates.

Although after the plane crash in the Pleasant Valley there were a few passengers left surrounded by the care of the priest, , otherwise you are right - Mathis literally pretends to become the lord of an almost complete void. GBI is only of value to him if he somehow knows about Suzuki and the possibilities it provides.

I hope he doesn’t know about Suzuki but ı guess he already knows. Also Suzuki may be one of the biggest building or base in the ısland ımo. 

• Like 1

Biggest anomaly for me - and I've not seen this mentioned anywhere else yet - is how come the river isn't frozen? Temperatures in Blackrock are as cold, if not colder, than everywhere else on Bear Island - where every other body of water is frozen. Only reason I can think of is because the plot requires it - but that's not really enough, is it?

6 minutes ago, past caring said:

Biggest anomaly for me - and I've not seen this mentioned anywhere else yet - is how come the river isn't frozen? Temperatures in Blackrock are as cold, if not colder, than everywhere else on Bear Island - where every other body of water is frozen. Only reason I can think of is because the plot requires it - but that's not really enough, is it?

you make a fair point in my opinion.  elsewhere on the entire island we've been able to explore so far, the rivers have all frozen over at least on the surface.  Water may continue to run underneath as evidenced by the all the continously streaming waterfalls but not in this case.  The ending would have been rather tragic otherwise with our duo unable to surface anywhere due to a layer of ice blocking their escape!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, past caring said:

I haven’t noticed that situation until you mentioned it. That make me curious too. My only explanation is power of the water. Cause the river runs so much wildly in episode 4.

And also all the waterfalls in ısland do not seem frozen except the waterfall near the frozen creek in Mystery Lake. 

Oh yeah, you're one of those dastardly SW Ontario people ;) gotcha!

I see your point about KP. I am much more familiar with it as it's about a half hour walk from my house. Lots of famous inmates lived there that make even Mathis and Donner look relatively tame.

If you happen to come this way (i.e. Kingston) ping me here and we'll go grab a drink or some such; I've been playing in bars here for decades so I know all the good spots :)

Cheers!

Edited by stratvox
To make the regional rivalry explicit
  • Upvote 1