Inconsistent moose

Leeanda

I think one thing us survivors fail to remember is that the markings on trees just show where a Moose has potential to spawn there during that sandbox...it doesn't meant it will spawn there...right now.

It could be at any one of the marked trees in any of the other regions.

Very rarely will you get back to back Moose spawns in the same region but it's happened to me in Mystery Lake.

4 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

I think one thing us survivors fail to remember is that the markings on trees just show where a Moose has potential to spawn there during that sandbox...it doesn't meant it will spawn there...right now.

It could be at any one of the marked trees in any of the other regions.

Very rarely will you get back to back Moose spawns in the same region but it's happened to me in Mystery Lake.

I didn't know they were only possible spawn sites, I thought it was guaranteed. And I thought the amount of rubbings made a difference too. Obviously I was wrong. Thanks for the heads up!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I didn't know they were only possible spawn sites, I thought it was guaranteed. And I thought the amount of rubbings made a difference too. Obviously I was wrong. Thanks for the heads up!

My pleasure.

I've found often times at the Hunting Lodge in BR that if you get up there and there is no moose (even if there are no markings on the trees) that if you clear out all the wolves...the Moose more often then not will just spawn there for no good reason.

Just now, RossBondReturns said:

My pleasure.

I've found often times at the Hunting Lodge in BR that if you get up there and there is no moose (even if there are no markings on the trees) that if you clear out all the wolves...the Moose more often then not will just spawn there for no good reason.

And if you're at the hunting lodge waiting/looking for the moose, you might not see it when you first exit the lodge (through the door where you look toward the moose location).  It's the weird display bug/feature where animals sometimes do not appear until you look away.  If you're coming out that door to look for the moose and it's not there, turn around to look at the lodge then look back again and you'll see it if it's there.

1 minute ago, RossBondReturns said:

My pleasure.

I've spent a lot of time at that lodge waiting for the moose (because of the rubbings) . I had to kill the wolf there just so I could stay a bit longer but the moose never showed up ! The only time I've seen the moose on my last 5  runs was a few seconds before a blizzard hit! It disappeared and never came back.

the moose respawn for Interloper i solved this problem.

Bleak Inlet 200 days after the last Kill

Rest of the world 133 days in the evening or 134 days after the last kill. sometimes you need then to wait a few days.

i get me now on 165 moosekills with this information

Edited by Even Dark

12 minutes ago, Even Dark said:

the moose respawn for Interloper i solved this problem.

Bleak Inlet 200 days after the last Kill

Rest of the world 133 days in the evening or 134 days after the last kill. sometimes you need then to wait a few days.

i get me now on 165 moosekills with this information

Thanks for the info. I'm on pilgrim but I will check these times and see if they're the same! 

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Thanks for the info. I'm on pilgrim but I will check these times and see if they're the same! 

pilgrim i dont know i just play interloper. it depends on the wildlife settings of the game. interloper the respawn should be later then pilgrim. a bear as example respawn in interloper allways after day 50 if you reach day 100

12 hours ago, Even Dark said:

pilgrim i dont know i just play interloper. it depends on the wildlife settings of the game. interloper the respawn should be later then pilgrim. a bear as example respawn in interloper allways after day 50 if you reach day 100

Well the bear respawns quicker than that on pilgrim,but not sure by now much. I'll check it out so thanks! Btw watch your vids,cant believe how long you've lasted on loper! Well done🙂

Edited by Leeanda

On 10/15/2021 at 11:47 PM, Even Dark said:

Never thought to ask before, are the respawn times after harvesting  is complete,and not when they were killed.?

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Never thought to ask before, are the respawn times after harvesting  is complete,and not when they were killed.?

no when you kill a moose on day 100 he can be up again on day 233 in the evening/night and the next day then so 134 days. Bleak Inlet is 200 days. And the killtime is not importent like the bear. kill a bear on day 150 12am he is back on day 200 12am.

sometimes it happends that the moose needs 3-6 days longer to respawn maybe Aurora night or it is a bit bugy i did not find this out. but earlier den 133 days you dont need to go for a respawn.

my last 120 kills are all recorded just look for moose and forecast in my titels and you get a feeling for it or just follow this tips but is is interloper.

17 minutes ago, Even Dark said:

no when you kill a moose on day 100 he can be up again on day 233 in the evening/night and the next day then so 134 days. Bleak Inlet is 200 days. And the killtime is not importent like the bear. kill a bear on day 150 12am he is back on day 200 12am.

sometimes it happends that the moose needs 3-6 days longer to respawn maybe Aurora night or it is a bit bugy i did not find this out. but earlier den 133 days you dont need to go for a respawn.

my last 120 kills are all recorded just look for moose and forecast in my titels and you get a feeling for it or just follow this tips but is is interloper.

Ok thanks! I killed a moose and a bear this afternoon so I will keep check of time passed and see how it works on pilgrim! I'm curious how the difficulty  settings will differ. 

Ive noticed on your videos that you had to keep checking for the moose over several days 

You're going to run out of space for all that stuff on the lake soon!🙂  Curious how keeping awake for so long doesn't take life off ,but good luck with the fish/fire fun! It's going strong!

I always keep on the move in the game, rarely camping anywhere for more than say a week except in very early game. Then I just kill critters as I come across them. After a while you have so many hides and guts stacked up it doesn't matter if you see a moose or not.

There are two reasons I actively kill moose. 1. The meat and 2. Because my son likes them and he wants me to get trampled! So a kind of revenge killing in a fun way!🙂 

I finally after 2 years got one in Coastal this morning! And yes I blew its head off!😁

Edited by Leeanda

47 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

There are two reasons I actively kill moose. 1. The meat and 2. Because my son likes them and he wants me to get trampled! So a kind of revenge killing in a fun way!🙂 

I finally after 2 years got one in Coastal this morning! And yes I blew its head off!😁

You are so violent!!!

5 minutes ago, yogi said:

You are so violent!!!

He had it coming!🙂 I did say I was trigger happy,but only in game! I love all animals in real life(well except bees, wasps and spiders)! 

Oh! And thanks for the compliment 🙂

Edited by Leeanda

On 10/22/2021 at 9:28 PM, Leeanda said:

Worked out that bear respawns at 30 days. However still no sign of the moose at 40 days! 

It is not that simple.  I know a place where the bear seems to re-spawn after around 14-16 days.  My guess is that it is dependent upon level of play and/or place.

3 minutes ago, peteloud said:

It is not that simple.  I know a place where the bear seems to re-spawn after around 14-16 days.  My guess is that it is dependent upon level of play and/or place.

Im on pilgrim and the bear and moose in question are at the birch tree area in PV.