Inconsistent moose

Leeanda

Does anyone else get annoyed about the moose spawning! It's so inconsistent! I have just spent ages in Timberwolf mountain waiting for it to turn up! After about 3 weeks it finally showed only to turn round start running then literally disappear in front of my eyes! ( Not sure if that was a glitch though) ! Then I didn't see it again for another 2 weeks and it disappeared again ! It drives me crazy!

@Leeanda

What do you call an inconsistent moose?

I don't know, sometimes George, sometimes Frank, sometimes Martha, sometimes you shouldn't even bother cause it won't even show u.... oh, look, it's here and I just got trampled to death. It thought it was a kitten and was trying to be playful.

[Good, hey, just made it up on the spot.]

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yogi said:

@Leeanda

What do you call an inconsistent moose?

I don't know, sometimes George, sometimes Frank, sometimes Martha, sometimes you shouldn't even bother cause it won't even show u.... oh, look, it's here and I just got trampled to death. It thought it was a kitten and was trying to be playful.

[Good, hey, just made it up on the spot.]

Always the Joker eh.. shouldn't you be playing with Batman😁  And I can think of plenty of names for them. None printable though! 

One of you're better jokes, but still a "groan" from me I'm afraid! 🙂

The point is that they are so random it's a pain having to wait around or go wandering for miles to not get anything at the end of it!  Mind you there's not much use for them after craftings done except meat! But I like killing the stupid things!

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 1

yeah, the moose spawns are kind of annoying, they always spawn at the least opportune times. Like when you're just trying to get somewhere or escape wolves or the cold or something, but never when you need to actually hunt one. It seems like they appear when I don't have my rifle or have more than plenty of food already. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bimbobjoejr. said:

yeah, the moose spawns are kind of annoying, they always spawn at the least opportune times. Like when you're just trying to get somewhere or escape wolves or the cold or something, but never when you need to actually hunt one. It seems like they appear when I don't have my rifle or have more than plenty of food already. 

Dont mind having a large supply of food but the cost with them is the amount of bullets wasted! Rifle ammo isn't exactly abundant and it can take several to bring the moose down!

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Dont mind having a large supply of food but the cost with them is the amount of bullets wasted! Rifle ammo isn't exactly abundant and it can take several to bring the moose down!

Have you tried just being nice to it, rather than trying to kill it??

Feed it some rosehips?

Just a thought.

• Like 1

Just now, yogi said:

Have you tried just being nice to it, rather than trying to kill it??

Feed it some rosehips?

Just a thought.

Now that thought never crossed my mind! Perhaps I could try to tame it and start a moose farm!  Another sim game perhaps 😀

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Now that thought never crossed my mind! Perhaps I could try to tame it and start a moose farm!  Another sim game perhaps 😀

Nah. Moose can be pretty dangerous, just as likely to inconsistently try and kill you. Definitely worth thinking about though.

The Long Dark: Episode 7 - You Are The Moose.

You are the moose and you must try and survive in the wilderness for as long as you can.

Actually.................................................

A reverse game, when you are the wildlife!!! There's an idea.

The Long Dark 2: Wildlife

The Long Day

Edited by yogi

18 minutes ago, yogi said:

Nah. Moose can be pretty dangerous, just as likely to inconsistently try and kill you. Definitely worth thinking about though.

The Long Dark: Episode 7 - You Are The Moose.

You are the moose and you must try and survive in the wilderness for as long as you can.

Actually.................................................

A reverse game, when you are the wildlife!!! There's an idea.

Well most sim games are too easy anyway! A bit of danger would make it more challenging! 

We are kind of the wildlife already,as in everything wants to kill us! But if done in a slightly different context could prove interesting! 

Editing after I've read it!?

I can hear your  cogs turning from here!☺

Edited by Leeanda

12 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Editing after I've read it- I can hear the cogs turning from here!☺

Dammit!!!

Also devs, still available to throw ideas around.

Canadian wilderness sim. Would be interesting to have an "animal instinct" element where depending on certain conditions being met, said animal automatically undertook a task - overriding the player. Not a main feature and not frequent but there. A sim where just sometimes you were NOT in control. Some would find it a bit annoying (which it would be to a degree, but also, it would make sense within the context), eg. animal super hungry and lashed out automatically at anything edible nearby, even if something else bad could come of it. Interesting...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, yogi said:

Dammit!!!

Also devs, still available to throw ideas around.

Canadian wilderness sim. Would be interesting to have an "animal instinct" element where depending on certain conditions being met, said animal automatically undertook a task - overriding the player. Not a main feature and not frequent but there. A sim where just sometimes you were NOT in control. Some would find it a bit annoying (which it would be to a degree, but also, it would make sense within the context), eg. animal super hungry and lashed out automatically at anything edible nearby, even if something else bad could come of it. Interesting...

Language young man! 🙂There are ladies present! 

Im a mind reader by the way😁

Sounds a bit like mind control unless I'm reading it wrong? Which I may be,got a headache today!  And slightly peeved, just had to order another TLD disc as mine is worn out!lol console refused it twice!

I can still here them ....😁

Edited by Leeanda

10 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I can still here them ....😁

The Long Day

Part sim, part survival - manage the northern Canadian wilderness for as long as it will let you.

You are the fauna of Great Bear Island. Manage and survive the delicate balance and life and death in the cold.

Take control of groups of animals to guide them towards their greatest chance of survival.

But be warned, there will be crucial, often conflicting decisions to make at every turn, while you try and maintain the balance in the ecosystem. And things will not always go as you will intend them to - the electomagnetic wave disturbed more than we ever realise.

Each little grouping of animals have tasks and things to do survive (but not in too grindy a sort of way). Short term and long term goals, some of which may conflict with others you are managing. Each animals has pros and cons, strengths and weaknesses.

eg. Wolves - Good hunters, bonus at nights but easily taken down by those higher up. Moose - Slow moving, but powerful. Rabbits - Fast movement, can eat almost anything, but easy prey. etc etc etc.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, yogi said:

The Long Day

Part sim, part survival - manage the northern Canadian wilderness for as long as it will let you.

You are the fauna of Great Bear Island. Manage and survive the delicate balance and life and death in the cold.

Take control of groups of animals to guide them towards their greatest chance of survival.

But be warned, there will be crucial, often conflicting decisions to make at every turn, while you try and maintain the balance in the ecosystem. And things will not always go as you will intend them to - the electomagnetic wave disturbed more than we ever realise.

Each little grouping of animals have tasks and things to do survive (but not in too grindy a sort of way). Short term and long term goals, some of which may conflict with others you are managing. Each animals has pros and cons, strengths and weaknesses.

eg. Wolves - Good hunters, bonus at nights but easily taken down by those higher up. Moose - Slow moving, but powerful. Rabbits - Fast movement, can eat almost anything, but easy prey. etc etc etc.

I see the cogs have been working overtime! 

Interesting ideas! Certainly a unique twist for a sim game! 

4 hours ago, manolitode said:

I find that the moose spawns are still sporadic enough to elicit surprise and pleasure. It wasn't long ago that I realized a moose could spawn on the unbroken Desolation Point bridge, it managed to elude me for years. 

I've never had that moose on any of my runs! My son played it once and it turned up for him!🙂 Typical! 

16 hours ago, yogi said:

The Long Day

Please say there are no bears ! I hate the bears!  Could they be replaced with something else? Cougars maybe? Or are there lots of different animals not in Tld 1?  Could be a great game. Unpredictable ! 

Nearly forgot what I was going to say.... 

Still hear something whirring ...

Edited by Leeanda

9 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Please say there are no bears ! I hate the bears!  Could they be replaced with something else? Cougars maybe? Or are there lots of different animals not in Tld 1?  Could be a great game. Unpredictable ! 

Nearly forgot what I was going to say.... 

Still hear something whirring ...

No more whirring. For now. Done. For now.

And no, there are bears. Sorry, not sorry.

The range of animals would be similar to what we see in the current game. Maybe a couple of other additions, but not an entirely new thing. Also, it's not a zoo sim, so there isn't an example of every possible creature that has ever been. Has to fit within the "story".

Maybe a Yeti appears at each solistice or something. Are they native to that part of the world? A Wendigo?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, yogi said:

No more whirring. For now. Done. For now.

And no, there are bears. Sorry, not sorry.

The range of animals would be similar to what we see in the current game. Maybe a couple of other additions, but not an entirely new thing. Also, it's not a zoo sim, so there isn't an example of every possible creature that has ever been. Has to fit within the "story".

Maybe a Yeti appears at each solistice or something. Are they native to that part of the world? A Wendigo?

I'm sure there's  mention of a yeti somewhere in the game! Just a poster or book , something like that!  

Didn't expect there to be lots of animals  just a lot more than there is now! Flippin' bears! The only bear I like isn't even a bear technically! Red  panda!  They really don't fit TLD though!

34 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I'm sure there's  mention of a yeti somewhere in the game! Just a poster or book , something like that!  

Didn't expect there to be lots of animals  just a lot more than there is now! Flippin' bears! The only bear I like isn't even a bear technically! Red  panda!  They really don't fit TLD though!

Sure, the overally quantity of animals would go up a little to make it more of a game. Not massively though, as there still isn't enough food to support a rapdily growing ecosystem.

• Upvote 1

That yeti is bugging me! Can't remember where it was! Not sure it was even this game,there's one in gtav as well that's why I'm confused! 

Hoping there's some new animals in episode 4 though!  

Would they all  be free roaming like they are now, or some "caged" as it were! Or can you build/craft?

Edited by Leeanda

On 10/3/2021 at 2:12 AM, Leeanda said:

There was the mention of a bigfoot in chapter 3, even though that was just a man in a wolfskin jacket, there still could be something in those mountains....

24 minutes ago, Bimbobjoejr. said:

There was the mention of a bigfoot in chapter 3, even though that was just a man in a wolfskin jacket, there still could be something in those mountains....

THank you! It's been bugging me for days🙂 knew it was somewhere!  Could be  an interesting little side mission or new event !

Maybe like, "The ghost", break it up into a two part challenge.

"The ghost" part 1: You're a supernatural investigator and catch wind that there's something lurking around in Ash canyon, you must head out and investigate the lead.

difficulty: 3 or 4

Travel from the lookout tower in mystery lake to the gold mine in Ash canyon within 13 days.

"The ghost" part 2: The legend is true, and you've been harshly attacked by the beast, larger than anything you've encountered. You must put an end to this creature and spare the region of such horror.

difficulty: 5

Retrieve the rifle from the foreman's cabin and put an end to the monster, you have 15 days to complete this.

Edited by Bimbobjoejr.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bimbobjoejr. said:

Maybe like, "The ghost", break it up into a two part challenge.

"The ghost" part 1: You're a supernatural investigator and catch wind that there's something lurking around in Ash canyon, you must head out and investigate the lead.

difficulty: 3 or 4

Travel from the lookout tower in mystery lake to the gold mine in Ash canyon within 13 days.

"The ghost" part 2: The legend is true, and you've been harshly attacked by the beast, larger than anything you've encountered. You must put an end to this creature and spare the region of such horror.

difficulty: 5

Retrieve the rifle from the foreman's cabin and put an end to the monster, you have 15 days to complete this.

That didn't take long for you to come up with! Sounds good!