Cheap way to get rid of wolves

Winterbois

3 minutes ago, Winterbois said:

This might have been known. But I found that in Wintermute if a wolf is approaching you, you can save and reload the game and it will despawn the wolf. 

It can be the same on survival, I had that happen a few times on faulty save I had! Can change weather patterns too! Comes in handy sometimes!🙂

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

It can be the same on survival, I had that happen a few times on faulty save I had! Can change weather patterns too! Comes in handy sometimes!🙂

Oh really I have not tried survival mode yet so I figured it had a different save system. That is good to know 

3 minutes ago, mfuegemann said:

Yes, in survival mode the game is saved only in several situations and not on exiting the game. You have to sleep or enter a building or transition cave with loading screen to save. And as a convenient service, the game is also saved after You got injured, of course.

Too true! I found that out after a good bear mauling! 😄

17 minutes ago, mfuegemann said:

Yes, in survival mode the game is saved only in several situations and not on exiting the game. You have to sleep or enter a building or transition cave with loading screen to save. And as a convenient service, the game is also saved after You got injured, of course.

So you can’t manually save in survival? 

Edited by Winterbois

I do not like save-spamming. But for me it is sometimes hard to find a suitable spot to end a playing session. For instance transitioning from BR->Muskeg or in TWM/AC.
And wasting an hour of good weather and daylight together with a match and fuel is not always welcome.

In the beginning I wondered about the "lost" playtime after exiting a game, not realizing that the last save-point was quite a while back.

10 hours ago, Winterbois said:

That’s what I figured. I guess it makes sense, being able just getting rid of a enemy just by saving does take a bit of the survival aspect away 

Exactly, and as others stated above it is preferable to save by entering a building/cave or passing time/sleeping. It is of course riskier to provoke an injury but you can do it wherever there's a slope, which makes it accessible. On the higher difficulties the weather makes it a lot riskier to just pass time/sleep anywhere outside. The way I recall it you have to pass at least a full hour before the game will actually save.

12 hours ago, manolitode said:

Exactly, and as others stated above it is preferable to save by entering a building/cave or passing time/sleeping. It is of course riskier to provoke an injury but you can do it wherever there's a slope, which makes it accessible. On the higher difficulties the weather makes it a lot riskier to just pass time/sleep anywhere outside. The way I recall it you have to pass at least a full hour before the game will actually save.

Yeah, I am fine with manual saves but I have no idea why the game let’s you save during combat

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Yes its a bit hit and miss!  I tried it once after harvesting a bear and nearly dying in a blizzard! It took three reloads to stop the blizzard!

I am not sure what it is dependent on but the wolf that I couldn’t get to disappear was one the was eating a deer so I’m assuming there is a relevant factor in that.

Just now, Winterbois said:

I am not sure what it is dependent on but the wolf that I couldn’t get to disappear was one the was eating a deer so I’m assuming there is a relevant factor in that.

Possible! Some of the more experienced players might have a theory for it! But I'm honestly not sure! Just glad it worked when it was needed!😀 

6 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Possible! Some of the more experienced players might have a theory for it! But I'm honestly not sure! Just glad it worked when it was needed!😀 

Yeah I don’t know enough about enemy spawning to really say, but if I had to take a guess my theory would be that wolves that spawn randomly you can despawn by saving and loading, while wolves that are spawned in scripted locations ( like the one that was eating a deer) you can’t just make disappear 

2 minutes ago, Winterbois said:

Yeah I don’t know enough about enemy spawning to really say, but if I had to take a guess my theory would be that wolves that spawn randomly you can despawn by saving and loading, while wolves that are spawned in scripted locations ( like the one that was eating a deer) you can’t just make disappear 

Sounds like a good theory to me! Having played on custom or pilgrim only though I've never really tried to use the  reload due to enemies! It's either been weather or a save issue!!