Weather and animal spawns

Syraith

Is there a good reference on how the animal spawning during blizzards works?

I know they all pretty much go away until a specific point as the blizzard calms down but do they just simply get pulled from the region completely? Do they respawn where they disappeared from? Do they respawn at their origin?

Only reason I ask is it’s quick to notice they disappear once the blizzard hits but when I was wandering around, saw a cave that ended up being a bear cave, but no bear.

Just curious if anyone has any info or experience with this. 

As far as my expierence goes: Animals just go into hiding and respawn as they were. If you hunted a area dry, the animals won't respawn after a blizzard. If there was 3 deer chilling at a clearing they usual come back.

So your bear will probably not come back to the cave when the blizzard ends unless he despawn near it.

Animals don't despawn during a blizzard when they are close to you... i got hunted down by a wolf during a blizzard once

15 minutes ago, Stinky socks said:

Me wonders if they will freeze after stalking you long enough? It gets cold very quickly and if you have premium brand clothing, can you outlast a wolf?

If you have premium brand clothing you are the wolf

• Upvote 1

@Lycrist thank you! That’s kind of what I figured. I’m sure something is tied to the player location that an animal won’t respawn within ... meters as to not have a wolf just appear once the weather is “safe.”

Might just have to do some research and follow a bear to see. If the bear is adventuring out when a blizzard strikes, their cave might be “safe” enough to recover a bit, but I wonder for how long...

12 minutes ago, Syraith said:

@Lycrist thank you! That’s kind of what I figured. I’m sure something is tied to the player location that an animal won’t respawn within ... meters as to not have a wolf just appear once the weather is “safe.”

Might just have to do some research and follow a bear to see. If the bear is adventuring out when a blizzard strikes, their cave might be “safe” enough to recover a bit, but I wonder for how long...

hoenstly I've never seen bears in their caves except maybe for the one in ash canyon.
Which cave are you talking about exactly?

2 hours ago, Lycrist said:

I've never seen bears in their caves

The one on the island in coastal highway I've seen, he was sleeping, but it is sort of a shallow cave and also someone posted a photo of bear coming into a cave for a stew while player was cooking, but it might have been just the smell I do not know.

@Lycristive never seen one “in” a cave but depending how they spawn, it’s likely moved on its patrol path and you’d have to catch it when it returns. I’ve seen many right outside of their caves, the one in TWM by trappers cabin, or the three in CH, but I’ve never sat in a cave to see if they return.

I found a bear sleeping in the cave near Trapper's Cabin. Shot it with one arrow - and man, was the approach exciting to find out if he was really dead. Luckily he was.
Then I had to use some flares to ferry the meat safely back to the cabin, because of those ... wolfs.

Edited by mfuegemann