Your best shooting accuracy?

JaySovereign

Hello, I'd like to think that I'm a pretty good shot with the bow and not the rife and wondered the same of this community. I was curious about how many shots I'd landed and came across this screen:

1ef15e0428bbe37bfcd29049cf227947.png
https://gyazo.com/1ef15e0428bbe37bfcd29049cf227947

That puts me at a 69% accuracy rating in my current game. I'm curious about the rest of you? Do you have a better skill with the rifle, bow or either of the pistols? Please show me as I'm very curious. Yes, I may have added some arrows in, but I have to train my skills up somehow as my disability doesn't allow me to learn things easily. I just got competent with the bow now after owning this game for several years now.

I am at work so I can't look, but I know I am better with the rifle. At least at long range since arrow drop is pretty high. Actually on my last game I actually practiced long range with the bow a little to try to see if I could aim better. I don't think I played for very long though. Anyways if I remember I can take a look.

I really suck with the bow. In the years since it was added, i have scored only 1 hit and was never able to find my prey. I don't think it was a fatal wound. I would guess that i am right atound 70% with the rifle. I have never found a pistol. I do wish that we could convert a rifle into a cross bow. I have done that a few times IRL and work really well. It gives a worn out rifle a new lease on life. I hane found that although they are a bit heavier ans have a bit of a shorter range than a purpose built crossbow, they tend to be far more durable and easier to care for.

Depends on the playthrough and how far I've leveled the stats applicable to each weapon.  Certainly, getting good stealthy shooting opportunities with the rifle is easier than the bow early game since you cannot fire the bow when crouched until you reach Level 5 archery skill... and I'm not the sort of person who likes to take "hail mary" shots from super long distances when hunting with any weapon.  As a result, in playthroughs where I have a rifle and pistol, I tend to level up the bow by hitting rabbits from relatively close range... so my accuracy rating with the bow is much higher than on Interloper-type runs where I have to start out using the bow for my longer distance hunting shots.