Why so dark inside? Help :(

Stinky socks

Yeah, the ambient lighting in houses is very "off", too dark. I often use extra lighting during the middle of a sunny day, just to look around in a house with tons of windows. 😑

I used to do a lot of urbex, and outside of basements I never encountered this level of darkness during the day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kranium said:

outside of basements I never encountered this level of darkness during the day.

Agreed, and for what it is worth, harvesting curtains will improve interior light levels...a slight increase in visibility.

There have been several tweaks to the ambient lighting in the game updates...and the game is constantly improving. :coffee:

Edited by s7mar7in
  • Upvote 1

The issue of interior illumination tends to swing back and forth.  Where one stands on that depends on the player.  

To be honest, I would be okay with that amount of illumination though I can agree that it should be brighter depending on the time of day.  Maybe next time have the game show the "time of day" (day/night cycle) which would appear in the upper right to show at what "time" of day this was taken.  I would think that if that was taken in early morning, sun is above the horizon but not high in the sky, that would be about the right amount of lighting.  In pre-aurora times if the room was not lighted enough to suit someone, they would switch on the overhead lights.