Rope In Cannery In Bleak Inlet

Ahatch

I took my 500 plus day character to good ol Bleak Inlet for a challenge and found myself in the Cannery workshop after surviving a wolf attack. And during my looting what did I find but a mountaineers rope. So The big question is is there somewhere on Bleak Inlet to deploy this rope or is there somewhere in this Cannery itself to deploy it? ;) Have to figure it out. 

The presence of the mountaineering rope led to a lot of looking around for a "shortcut" because of the long path to the Cannery Pier from the starting point.  There might be one, but not accessible right now.  By that I mean there were possible spots for use of a rope but, for the purposes of the game, it might be something that would be revealed when or if Story mode quests (episode 4) comes to Bleak Inlet.  It might also be there was no use for the rope too. 

The only "official" of sorts "shortcut" was the climb from upper Bleak Inlet down to lower Bleak Inlet according to Raphael so the hub hub died down after that.  

I read that entire thread it makes no sense that there is a rope inside the workshop since you need to get into the cannery via a code at the tower so if this rope is for the rope climb down to the ravine or down from the forestry tower it is unusable. The nearest rope use I can think of  from here is either on Forlorn Muskeg or Broken Railroad so I can't see myself packing this heavy rope that far. So I'm intrigued to think there is some use here at the Cannery. I'm wondering if the rope is for some tie off to get inside the complex from near the first blue rope at the beginning of the long maze (you sometimes climb to far up) going to investigate.  

Well I must say I created a new Pilgrim run in Mystery Lake and made it inside the workshop and the rope wasn't there so perhaps it's a red herring so to say. I used this character and done the whole trip to the workshop numerous times and found no place with interaction with any of the dock braces or anything that even remotely looking like it might be a place to fasten a rope. 

I do think this is a frequent occurence in TLD - I found a lot of ropes in all the maps that I could not find a purpose for. I always made sure to haul them "somewhere safe", in case I need it later. I guess once or twice I have actually come back to that place later and hauled ropes across the maps when I was missing one. It makes for an interesting decision ... ropes are heavy, but immensely useful IF you need them ...and you never know when (or where) you will need them

• Upvote 1

Sometimes there are ropes in locations like the cave in the Ravine map and the one at the ruined forestry tower that are not far from somewhere they can be deployed and that's what throws players off on this mystery a bit. It's been a year since they added Bleak Inlet I'm pretty sure if there was a place to put this rope to gain access to the cannery workshop one of the more diehard players would have figured it out a long time ago.