The Maple Syrup =D

boy_scout_kevin

Yeah yeah I know, Canada and all. I like Canada and I like maple syrup, but the idea of chugging a bellyful of the stuff as a meal still makes me cringe. Even assuming I kept it down, the sugar crash would prostrate me.

Please believe me, I'm not Canada-bashing. Two of my favourite games are Canadian (this one and Darkest Dungeon). I've loved more Canadian bands than I can think of right now. I love Canada okay!? I just...the maple syrup thing...*shudder*

Edited by boy_scout_kevin
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, PurpleWolf13 said:

I feel the same way with the Peanut Butter jar. I like peanut butter and having it on my sandwiches and whatnot, but I could NEVER consume an entire container of it. I would just be sick. Sometimes if I even put too much on my sandwich, I feel a little queasy.

Oh yeah, I'd either be sick, or writhing in pain for days getting rid of it. Or both.

• Upvote 1

On 11/6/2020 at 5:35 PM, TiffTastic said:

Wonder where all the cat food went....

Ha ha ha ha!

that just brought back a memory of the time my dad ate half a tin of "Fancy Feast" cat food thinking it was  Foie gras.  And then blamed me for his own mistake! 
the tins weren't even remotely similar, the cat food was in a square little container with a paper sleeve around it with a picture of a cat eating from a crystal plate, while the goose liver pate was in a round pull top can with a picture of the French flag and a goose painted on the side.  

thanks for bringing that outta the dark recesses of my mind!  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Ha ha ha ha!

that just brought back a memory of the time my dad ate half a tin of "Fancy Feast" cat food thinking it was  Foie gras.  And then blamed me for his own mistake! 
the tins weren't even remotely similar, the cat food was in a square little container with a paper sleeve around it with a picture of a cat eating from a crystal plate, while the goose liver pate was in a round pull top can with a picture of the French flag and a goose painted on the side.  

Ok this made me straight up laugh out loud🤣

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PrincessAutumn said:

I nearly cried when I killed my first rabbit. :$:D

Same.

One of my sons (6 yr old) loves bunnies, bed full of bunny stuffies... I have to make VERY sure that he isn't watching me play over my shoulder!

I still look away when the bunny is picked up.

• Upvote 3

On 11/9/2020 at 11:40 PM, piddy3825 said:

Ha ha ha ha!

I remember going to a party where the hosts had both dogs and cats.  They would put the cat dish in a raised place where the dogs couldn't reach it.  On this particular party, someone got very drunk and was eating the cat food thinking it was a party snack.  They never lived it down.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I remember going to a party where the hosts had both dogs and cats.  They would put the cat dish in a raised place where the dogs couldn't reach it.  On this particular party, someone got very drunk and was eating the cat food thinking it was a party snack.  They never lived it down.

Meow mix...so good drunks ask for it by name...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

lol,

Drunken me    ..."is it just my imagination but do these taste kinda fishy to you too?"

• Like 1