On interloper, where can I find a rope to climb down to the Ravine Basin?

Vince 49

Although I climbed down to the Ravine Basin in my last long Interloper run, that was a long time ago.  So far this time I haven't found a rope.  I've looked in the explorable rail car and the cave area beyond the break in the rail line to no avail.  In the previous Interloper run, I used the flare pistol as a temporary weapon on my way to the forge in FM.  I know the Ravine area well (before the addition of Bleak Inlet) and have run out of places to look.  I did check the snow pile on the second floor of the bay area of the hydro dam, but don't remember finding one there after Steadfast Ranger.  Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Vince 49

Hunting Lodge - Broken Railroad (anywhere inside the house), Mountaineer's Hut - Timberwolf Mountain, Paradise Meadows Farm - Mountain Town (inside the barn), Destroyed Lookout - Mystery Lake (near the destroyed tower), Fishing Camp - Coastal Highway (under the workbench). Those are the main spots I usually find climbing ropes at. Most of the times I don't expect to find a rope anywhere near the ravine, I just bring it from somewhere else.

• Upvote 1

There is a guaranteed rope at Lake Overlook in Mystery Lake, close to Camp Office. It is deployed so you can climb down, but you can recover it and use it somewhere else.

As a bonus, the cave at Lake Overlook might hold a firestriker.

• Upvote 3

@Danielviomusic, thanks.  Although I knew most of the locations you mentioned, I was hoping there was one near the Ravine.  For the one near the ML destroyed lookout tower (usually in the big box), I asked myself: does the risk of going there with no weapon out weigh the added protection (by enabling me to get a flare gun) on my way to the forge in FM?

However, your answer reminded me that I made a serious mistake in this current game.  Usually I play on Stalker, often starting in TWM.  I always see the rope in the Mountaineer's Hut, but don't take it because I couldn't afford the extra 5 Kg due to the climb down to PV.  On Interloper, I got so little loot I could have easily carried the rope with me, but didn't.  I'll try to remember that next time.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

There is a rope in the cave located just past the wrecked rail car bridge.  So after you leave ML and enter the ravine railway, you will follow the tracks to the downed tree/rail car/dead guy with a backpack... cross over like you are heading to CH.  Keep to your left and follow the path on your left.  It will lead you to a cave with some loot and a mountaineer rope.  

22 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

There is a rope in the cave located just past the wrecked rail car bridge...

That's "the cave area beyond the break in the rail line" that the author already mentioned checking. In my last few games, I've not found ropes in either of the typical Ravine locations and had to steal one from Mystery Lake or Coastal Highway in order to climb down. It's an RNG event and my RNs have been all bad. 😕