Make badges achievable in cutom games

Mindsplit

Hello.

I have been playing this game for over 100 hours now.

im having a problem that Stalker has become pretty boring for me, and loper is way too hard still.

It would be great to get badges from a custom game. If you have the options set higher difficulty than pilgrim, you should still get badges.

Now im stuck at afk passing time/sleeping in a car on my voyager run, cause I wanna get the cold fusion perk for my future loper runs. It would be so much more fun if I could make a custom game that is closer to loper than stalker. And still get bagdes while actually having fun playing the game. :)

I would like to see different versions of the badge,

* Gold Badge for the tasks being completed in Stalker,

* Silver Badge for being completed in Voyager,

* Bronze Badge for being complete in Pilgrim.

There could even be Platinum Badges for Interloper.

I think that someone who completes the tasks in Stalker deserves greater recognition than someone completing the tasks in Pilgrim.

And for people who complete the task with all, or many, of the custom settings turned to Easy, well, theydon't deserve any badge.

4 hours ago, peteloud said:

I would like to see different versions of the badge,

* Gold Badge for the tasks being completed in Stalker,

* Silver Badge for being completed in Voyager,

* Bronze Badge for being complete in Pilgrim.

There could even be Platinum Badges for Interloper.

I think that someone who completes the tasks in Stalker deserves greater recognition than someone completing the tasks in Pilgrim.

And for people who complete the task with all, or many, of the custom settings turned to Easy, well, theydon't deserve any badge.

There are people who play this game with passive wildlife/wolves turned off because they have a specific health condition e.g. anxiety disorder.

Honestly, I don't even play custom games but I don't think it's fair for such people to be penalised for playing with custom settings. It also seems counterproductive for people to grind feats in official modes first just so that they can use them in their custom games.

Also, given how this is a single player game with no leaderboards or anything, the difficulty in which an individual completes feats does not harm or should not bother anyone unless that specific someone has an inferiority complex.

Just my 2 cents.

I've said it before, and I guess I'll say it again: 

On 4/22/2020 at 1:45 AM, ManicManiac said:

In general, and for everyone else reading this post...

I think that the feats were meant to be a reward earned by playing the modes of the game that were intended by Hinterland, and not ones designed/tailored by players.  It's a simple thing to grasp and I think it's more than a fair trade off.

Custom was just a gift to us so that players could tune the game to better suit then or perhaps add or remove certain nuances.  I think that to have that kind of freedom of play and then still fuss about feat progression is kind of a, "I want my cake and eat it too" sort of situation.

Folks might not like it, but I think Hinterland's decisions about their game should be respected.

On 4/23/2020 at 12:50 AM, ManicManiac said:

The difference to me seems clear... the "standard" modes are designed and curated by Hinterland, and thereby represents "normal" play.
"Custom" is not curated by Hinterland, because it permits the player to modify and/or overhaul the experience to better suit their personal tastes.

Feats, I think, should be a reward for "standard" play (as it seems is the intention of Hinterland as well)... and not for our own custom version of the game.

:coffee::fire:
I think if folks want to earn  the feats... then I think folks should earn  them in the ways the creators of the game intend.
I'll say it again (since I think it bears repeating):  Folks might not like it, but I think Hinterland's decisions about their game should be respected.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

On 7/25/2020 at 5:11 AM, Mindsplit said:

Hello.

I have been playing this game for over 100 hours now.

im having a problem that Stalker has become pretty boring for me, and loper is way too hard still.

It would be great to get badges from a custom game. If you have the options set higher difficulty than pilgrim, you should still get badges.

Now im stuck at afk passing time/sleeping in a car on my voyager run, cause I wanna get the cold fusion perk for my future loper runs. It would be so much more fun if I could make a custom game that is closer to loper than stalker. And still get bagdes while actually having fun playing the game. :)

I like the idea. At the very least, they could set minimum requirements for the options selected in your custom game to still make progress towards earning the badges.

On 7/25/2020 at 11:25 PM, odizzido said:

The devs are terrified of people getting badges in custom modes easier than pilgrim so it won't happen.

That's why I said "If you have the options set higher difficulty than pilgrim, you should still get badges."

Introduce "difficulty score" for custom games. Let the each option in custom game has its own difficulty score value. Then add up. This way, it should be able to set the difficulty score of Pilgrim, Voyager, Stalker, and Interloper. If the custom game's difficulty score is greater than Stalker, let the custom game enables to unlock the feat progress.

To prevent cheese, some critical options should have additional multipliers when calculated in the equation for "total difficulty score". This way, players would not be able to set up min/max custom setting just to pass the feat progress easily. 

I regard "standard difficulties" are some sort of guideline to players to openly and freely enjoy other custom game modes. I (wish to) believe Hinterland's intention to introduce custom is to lead players to enjoy this game in a lot of different possible ways, so that players could enjoy this game again and again with different settings, and increase the playing time. Of course, "Standard games" are fun. However, I wish Hinteraland and folks around here understand that there are tons of custom game settings worth to be enjoyed and discussed among players. If feat progression unlock is enabled with the proper system of preventing the cheese, I guess more players will try such fun and balanced custom games. 

It is possible to create a lot of "crazy games" such as a "dead world", "frozen hell", or "Ultra loper" in custom games. I'm also trying a challenging custom game mode. 

I think the effort, skill, and knowledge of players to survive and prosper in these tough custom games are worth to those of any hardened interloper players. Their effort and time investment should be rewarded too, in terms of feat progress unlocking. All we need is a smart cheese prevention mechanism. I think "difficulty score" with proper multiplier for important option should work. 

Edited by sonics01
  • Like 1