How do you think Greymother went blind or was she always blind?

desertedone

• 3 weeks later...

Seems to me she went blind as she got older... I haven't noticed any evidence of scars peaking out of the bandages, so I'd wager it might have been from exposure during a bad winter, age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, or perhaps even glaucoma.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I don't know it's an interesting question.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

I suspect a cataract, glaucoma or something like that. You know, she is pretty old.

Recently I noticed a bullet holes in her house. Right in the main room. Something like somebody was standing in the room entrance and somebody else shoot from the chair near fireplace. It never occurred to me before.

Edited by acada
I ain't a doctor

I suspect that when her daughter died, she may have done something to herself.

Whether that was a literal "clawing her own eyes out" in grief, or a failed attempt at suicide, that left her blind (OD on pills?), or some sort of fight with her ex husband that resulted in her being injured and blinded. So many things that it could be. 

4 hours ago, acada said:

Recently I noticed a bullet holes in her house. Right in the main room. Something like somebody was standing in the room entrance and somebody else shoot from the chair near fireplace. It never occurred to me before.

The dead prisoner in the shed... I suspect the bullet holes are from he and perhaps Hobbs breaking in, and her shooting at them. She hit at least the one, for sure.

Interesting question. I suspect we may never know the answer, but are left to form our own thoughts on it. I think I am going to go with her clawing her own eyes out in grief when Lily died.