New hunting and new animals.

mile cile

I suggest: a new weapon shotgun(that could be used to hunt birds)

new bird types such as wild turkey or even a quail. new animal types such as raccon,arctic fox(not dangeros ones),wolverine,bison,(the dangerous ones)

a new consumable scent eliminator(It can eliminate scent so wolves and bears cant track you) new trap types big ones for bear,small ones for wolf etc.(plus being able to bait traps this will give you a bigger chance to trap something)

new plant types such as hazel,chery,apple,maple tree.also new plants:cranberry but also poisonous ones that can be used to make poison.

Thanks for reading.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, mile cile said:

I suggest: a new weapon shotgun(that could be used to hunt birds)

new bird types such as wild turkey or even a quail. new animal types such as raccon,arctic fox(not dangeros ones),wolverine,bison,(the dangerous ones)

a new consumable scent eliminator(It can eliminate scent so wolves and bears cant track you) new trap types big ones for bear,small ones for wolf etc.(plus being able to bait traps this will give you a bigger chance to trap something)

new plant types such as hazel,chery,apple,maple tree.also new plants:cranberry but also poisonous ones that can be used to make poison.

Thanks for reading.

I agree that a new passive animal, with a little more meat than the rabbit and for example craftable ear wraps, would enrichen the game. I don't know if there's any skunk in northern Canada but it would cool to create a smelly tool (with a stronger scent than guts and meat) to lure the wildlife elsewhere when you want to do long time harvests like bear or moose. Though the skunk would have to be rare like the moose or the game would become way too easy.

• Upvote 1

Guest kristaok

I too would like to see a Shotgun, and perhaps a Sling or Slingshot? and I would also love to see some more animals to hunt like a Mountain Lion, Mountain Goat, Bison, or just some Birds!!!

On 1/4/2020 at 8:24 AM, kristaok said:

I too would like to see a Shotgun, and perhaps a Sling or Slingshot? and I would also love to see some more animals to hunt like a Mountain Lion, Mountain Goat, Bison, or just some Birds!!!

Canadian goose and shotgun....Goose down to make a super awesome quilt or improve clothing warmth.....ok, argument for the shotgun returns yet again.

5 hours ago, Mavgrim said:

Just a bit more variety - like beavers in spots that are more appropriate to see them instead of rabbits, but basically the same as rabbits - and a cool beaver hat of course! ;D

Im not too sure how people would feel, but I love this idea.....Beaver meat is very bountiful, hide is extremely waterproof, might not be very durable, not too sure about the warmth either, but with their abilities to wick water off their backs. I could only imagine what kind of benefit it could offer in a pop up blizzard......That's probably the best and most sound idea Iv seen so far.

Edited by wizard03

Wouldn't mind seeing a bit more to add to the variety.  Some good ideas here.  But I'd much rather see some work on the existing animals to add to the variability and eliminate bugs and erroneous things.  And too many additions challenge the minimalism of the game.  That said, beavers sound cool.  Would love maybe another additional smaller animal to add to the rabbits.

Also there is one thing to keep in mind as they keep expanding the game with new areas, new items, new animals.  That is the amount of elements and options make things easier and can challenge the tightness of design.  A good way to maintain that but also variety is to somehow limit the selection for each game but keep the variety of the selection pot.  I guess that means in simple terms I wouldn't be against an RNG game generation in which certain things are excluded (or minimized) but you don't know what.  Even to the point of if they keep adding regions....but on game generation some are not accessible (i know that sounds a bit extreme) (and obv of course you can always do that manually).  But if there were 3 more animal types in the game, 8 possible, but each game only featured RNG 6, I like some of those design ideas.  But that's just me.

Thanks for posting your wishlist thoughts.

8 hours ago, dbmurph22 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a bit more to add to the variety.  Some good ideas here.  But I'd much rather see some work on the existing animals to add to the variability and eliminate bugs and erroneous things.  And too many additions challenge the minimalism of the game.  That said, beavers sound cool.  Would love maybe another additional smaller animal to add to the rabbits.

Also there is one thing to keep in mind as they keep expanding the game with new areas, new items, new animals.  That is the amount of elements and options make things easier and can challenge the tightness of design.  A good way to maintain that but also variety is to somehow limit the selection for each game but keep the variety of the selection pot.  I guess that means in simple terms I wouldn't be against an RNG game generation in which certain things are excluded (or minimized) but you don't know what.  Even to the point of if they keep adding regions....but on game generation some are not accessible (i know that sounds a bit extreme) (and obv of course you can always do that manually).  But if there were 3 more animal types in the game, 8 possible, but each game only featured RNG 6, I like some of those design ideas.  But that's just me.

Thanks for posting your wishlist thoughts.

Have to agree, wouldn't want it to be too easy, or overload certain places, scenarios, and situations. Im thinking maybe the beaver only spawns in HRV? Kinda like the Timberwolves only spawn in BI.....Except of course, they do not attack you. :P 

I agree with all of the animal suggestions, especially the smaller and passive animals that would be a bit larger than the rabbit to hunt for food and crafting supplies.  I just watched a documentary the other day in that I learned there are polar bears in Canada, which would be a highly dangerous animal if that were ever able to be introduced into the game at a later date.  If you could ever bring it down, the waterproof fur would be a big bonus and perhaps introducing a camouflage technique that in wearing all white, you could crouch and hide in plain sight from other predators and prey.  Though, heck no would I want to encounter one.