Interloper match spawn question

Saws n Sins

I tried google but didn't find anything for the answer (im probably just bad at using google lol) but where is all the match spawns?

I know the cave in HRV, FM by the forge, DP whaling facility, PV farmstead basement, and TWM hut all have guaranteed match spawns. I feel like I'm forgetting about a couple of places, is that all of them?

Just started playing again and want to make a new loper run, just wanted to make sure I remember correctly of all permanent match spawn locations. Info on where any spawn locations im forgetting would be awesome.

There was a lengthy thread about this very topic a while back on the Steam forum.. for anyone who's interested, there's some good info: https://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/0/3264459260603737819/

tl:dr - Here's the consensus on guaranteed spawns:

• PV Farmhouse - Basement
  • TWM - Hut/tail section/open cave (all 3 locations)
  • DP Hibernia - upstairs (1 of 3 possible locations)
  • FM Spence's - workbench
  • HRV - cave on Hushed River

And even though they aren't guaranteed spawns, you can usually find 3 or 4 boxes in HRV and ML each.

Edited by jhickie
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Serenity said:

ML is a gamble. You can easily find zero matches there

Anything that isn't a guaranteed spawn is a gamble.

True, you can easily come up empty, but it's been a long time since I've found zero matches in any region. ML has been nice to me, CH and MT too. Gotta check all the cars! HRV and TWM always have several boxes, even though it would seem these regions should be lacking supplies, due to their remote and rugged nature.

One thing's for certain.. you end up with more matches than you know what to do with, even on Loper. I'm on my longest Loper run ever currently, 530 days and running, and I have like 13 boxes left, not to mention 2 firestrikers. I've never run out of matches on a run before.

Edited by jhickie
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jhickie said:

One thing's for certain.. you end up with more matches than you know what to do with, even on Loper. I'm on my longest Loper run ever currently, 530 days and running, and I have like 13 boxes left, not to mention 2 firestrikers. I've never run out of matches on a run before.

Guaranteed spawns isn't about longevity its about getting water and teas in the early days. Because of the healing it's not a huge deal in interloper, but actually in my deadman runs I think I find ML starts the most challenging for that reason. 

28 minutes ago, Looper said:

Guaranteed spawns isn't about longevity its about getting water and teas in the early days. Because of the healing it's not a huge deal in interloper, but actually in my deadman runs I think I find ML starts the most challenging for that reason. 

I wouldn't disagree with this at all. ML on Loper can be frustrating if you don't find matches, the Dam is pretty much your only source of toilet water. Of course, on vanilla Loper you don't get to start in ML, MT, or CH. If you get to MT or CH relatively quickly, you can live on toilet water for quite some time.

My quote regarding excessive matches was more of an aside. The meat of my post was that it's hard to come up with zero matches in a region.. they're always somewhere. But yes, getting to that first box is very important, and it helps to know where the guaranteed spawns are.

Hi !
the ones I know 100% guaranteed:

Hushed River Valley: 
* Hushed River: The middle in the cave

Broken Railroad:
* Maintenance Yard: In the kitchen

Forlorn Muskeg:
* Old Spence Family Homestead: in the workbench

Mountain Town:
*Milton House (Grey Mother): next to the stove
*Cave between ropes: beyond the park lowering the rope in the cave

Desolation Point:
*Hibernia Processing

Pleasant Valley:
*The Rural Store in the Tomson's Crossing
*Pleasant Valley Farmstead: basement

Timberwolf Mountain:
*Mountaineer's Hut: in the hearth
*Summit: Tail Section (2 packs)
*open cave: next to the plastic cointainer

On ‎2019‎/‎11‎/‎05 at 1:21 PM, jhickie said:

There was a lengthy thread about this very topic a while back on the Steam forum.. for anyone who's interested, there's some good info: https://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/0/3264459260603737819/

tl:dr - Here's the consensus on guaranteed spawns:

• PV Farmhouse - Basement
  • TWM - Hut/tail section/open cave (all 3 locations)
  • DP Hibernia - upstairs (1 of 3 possible locations)
  • FM Spence's - workbench
  • HRV - cave on Hushed River

And even though they aren't guaranteed spawns, you can usually find 3 or 4 boxes in HRV and ML each.

Where exactly are the three locations in the processing plant? Honestly I've done a handful of loper runs through there and never once found matches. I try to avoid the region for that exact reason.

2 hours ago, Adamchapa said:

Where exactly are the three locations in the processing plant? Honestly I've done a handful of loper runs through there and never once found matches. I try to avoid the region for that exact reason.

• Upstairs on the table near the lockers
  • Upstairs on the table in the office
  • Upstairs on the bottom shelf of the table

Some people also swear you can find them downstairs at the workbench, but I've never found them there. All the location pictures are in that linked thread.

@Ernesto_Sorona While I have found matches many times at the locations you listed, I don't believe all of the locations you listed are actually 100% guaranteed spawns.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are tempting me to return to Interloper.  I resented the start of Interloper where survival depended upon the cards that you were dealt rather than skill.  If the random weather, loot, etc. was against you right at the beginning it was impossible to survive.  It seems that if you get good cards, once you get past the initial difficulties, it is a reasonable, not too difficult, game.  It throws up new challenges and I assume requires new strategies.  In fact, some of the comments I have seen, in other threads suggest that it might even be easier than Stalker.

The problem at the moment is that Hinterland is bringing out too much new stuff in a short space of time, at least for an old guy like me.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, StoneyWolf said:

lol

been playing for 2 years about 1 on loper and I always find matches there to don't think any zone has ever given me zero matches, I could be wrong about this but it almost seems like this persons interloper match knowledge is coming from older versions of the game either that or they have real bad luck or me and you have good luck? I don't know, but i can say that my experience with interloper match finds is similar to yours. 

Good point, but to further the discussion:

Have you ever found loose matches anywhere in ML, or the ones you found where inside containers?

I recall having multiple loper runs and not finding a single match in ML, though this was a long time ago. My current latest start haven't found a matchbox there either, and I've never found loose matches in ML before. This suggests to me there are no guaranteed matches in ML as they're not part of the 'scene', only random spawns in containers, maybe to offset the fact that you can get a maglens or firestriker in ML most of the runs, which coupled with the 75% chance for a bedroll makes ML very OP loot-wise. 

9 hours ago, Dan_ said:

Good point, but to further the discussion:

Have you ever found loose matches anywhere in ML, or the ones you found where inside containers?

I recall having multiple loper runs and not finding a single match in ML, though this was a long time ago. My current latest start haven't found a matchbox there either, and I've never found loose matches in ML before. This suggests to me there are no guaranteed matches in ML as they're not part of the 'scene', only random spawns in containers, maybe to offset the fact that you can get a maglens or firestriker in ML most of the runs, which coupled with the 75% chance for a bedroll makes ML very OP loot-wise. 

You also bring up a good point, may I ask how long ago you experienced this?

Most of the matches in the entire world will be found in containers in my experience and I don't believe Mystery Lake will have many box's of matches laying around the world if any(99% sure of this) with that being said almost every time I go into Carter Dam i will find 2 - 3 in the different file cabinets and desks that are there. I'm sure I've found them other places also but can't remember exact locations.I wanna say also in The Trappers Cabin,The Lookout and fishing huts but can't be sure.

I don't believe I've ever not found any matches in a main region and if it has happened it hasn't many times. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StoneyWolf said:

@Dan_ Just remembered a pack of matches can spawn in the Lower Dam on a shelf in the first room after walking down the stairs, I find them there all the time.

That's right, there is in fact a possible matchbox spawn there. I also found them in the metal container that sits on the same shelf before.  I have a very recent new loper run and didn't find it sitting on the shelf, I'll backtrack to the dam and search for it more thoroughly since I've might have missed it, but I'm pretty positive it is not a guaranteed spawn, much like the matches at the high blind, for example. I'll do some TLD science and give it five or six new loper spawns and track those ML matches, should be quick with PV or FM spawns. 

17 hours ago, StoneyWolf said:

You also bring up a good point, may I ask how long ago you experienced this?

Most of the matches in the entire world will be found in containers in my experience and I don't believe Mystery Lake will have many box's of matches laying around the world if any(99% sure of this) with that being said almost every time I go into Carter Dam i will find 2 - 3 in the different file cabinets and desks that are there. I'm sure I've found them other places also but can't remember exact locations.I wanna say also in The Trappers Cabin,The Lookout and fishing huts but can't be sure.

I don't believe I've ever not found any matches in a main region and if it has happened it hasn't many times. 

I've been playing the game for four years now, Interloper almost exclusively. From my experience, before steadfast ranger it was harder to find random match spawns in containers but they do feel a lot more common since that update. I'd wager a guess hinterland have been mellowing Interloper a bit, given it's mostly what the streamers play and many times the first contact people have with the game. 

1 hour ago, Dan_ said:

That's right, there is in fact a possible matchbox spawn there. I also found them in the metal container that sits on the same shelf before.  I have a very recent new loper run and didn't find it sitting on the shelf, I'll backtrack to the dam and search for it more thoroughly since I've might have missed it, but I'm pretty positive it is not a guaranteed spawn, much like the matches at the high blind, for example. I'll do some TLD science and give it five or six new loper spawns and track those ML matches, should be quick with PV or FM spawns

Im 99.9% sure theres no guarantee for any in ML but I always seem to find a lot and ya sometimes they might be in the container not on the shelf so technically it's possible to find 2 box's in that spot and I'm pretty sure I have before. I'd love to know what your test runs find. 

1 hour ago, Dan_ said:

I've been playing the game for four years now, Interloper almost exclusively. From my experience, before steadfast ranger it was harder to find random match spawns in containers but they do feel a lot more common since that update. I'd wager a guess hinterland have been mellowing Interloper a bit, given it's mostly what the streamers play and many times the first contact people have with the game

Ya I think your probably right about that and I have heard people say before that there seem to be more matches on interloper nowadays.

Edited by StoneyWolf
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, StoneyWolf said:

Im 99.9% sure theres no guarantee for any in ML but I always seem to find a lot and ya sometimes they might be in the container not on the shelf so technically it's possible to find 2 box's in that spot and I'm pretty sure I have before. I'd love to know what your test runs find. 

No guaranteed match spawns in ML. 

Places I've found matches in ML:

• Dam on shelf near back door
  • Dam in cabinet in room with elevator
  • Dam on shelf in room adjacent to lobby
  • Lookout Tower near Camp Office
  • On cabinets in multiple ice huts on Mystery Lake
  • On table in cabins on Mystery Lake
  • On table inside of trailers at Logging Camp
  • Deer blind near Alan's cave
  • Firestriker in cave above Camp Office

Not saying I find them here all the time, but I have found them in all of these places at one time or another over the years.

• Like 1