useless Items made usefull

Observedfuture3

@Daymo

1 hour ago, ManicManiac said:

I had this on a wish list of mine, long ago... but I've since come to realize that metal is so very abundant that I'm fine with not being able to scrap cans for metal.  Considering we have had at least one player survive 10 in-game years on interloper... I feel like it's safe to say that there is no shortage of metal for long survival runs.  :) 

[Addendum]
A link to what I was referring to: 10 Year Survival Achievement

Edited by ManicManiac

I agree. I would rather be forced into an expedition to seek out some scrap metal than spend in game hours processing cans. 
But it would be nice to have some uses for “useless” items. Even just dumping tinder into a fire for a negligible increase in burn time would be better than having to store them somewhere (usually a corpse for me).

1 hour ago, Daymo said:

But it would be nice to have some uses for “useless” items. Even just dumping tinder into a fire for a negligible increase in burn time would be better than having to store them somewhere (usually a corpse for me).

Tinder makes great bread crumbs, trail markers, carcass markers, etc. The fact that it’s easily craftable from common items and has no other use makes it perfect for this. 

Edited by Dr. S.

2 hours ago, Hilayla said:

Of course if you really really really really need to get rid of them, boil them dry until they get to 0% then toss in trash.

My general suggestion (also) is to leave cans for strategic use: two cans at every cave, on every cooking surface (inside or outside), and campfire we set up (naturally focusing on your major stopovers first as supply dictates).  That's what I do with all my cans.  Eventually you get to the point where you know that regardless of where you go there is likely to be a can there waiting for you to use if you need it.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac