Possible exploit? (Wasn't sure where to post this)

Ora

Hello everyone. So I love this game, am currently on day 102 on Voyageur mode. First time making it this far without getting eaten by wolves. So, being on day 102 I can't help but notice that the first thing that is threatening to happen is me running out of cloth to repair my clothing items that are not made of wolf, rabbit, or deer skin. I have discovered a way to make more cloth though, increasing my longevity hopefully long enough to where I will eventually die of starvation when I run out of the means to hunt rather than dying of my clothes breaking down. So, on to this possible exploit. I have noticed that the yield for harvest deerskin boots and rabbitskin mitts is leather. But the yield for breaking down a wolfskin coat is 2 cloth. I don't know why this is, but considering that I am at a point in the game where my existence depends solely on my ability to hunt I am swimming in wolf pelts and gut. So I can potentially make an endless number of wolfskin coats just to break them down to make fresh cloth out of nowhere. I know it's hardly an ideal way to get cloth but the fact that you can get cloth at all by breaking down a wolfskin coat seems kind of unintended and possibly exploity, and if not either of those things then certainly odd. Anyone have any thoughts on this, or perhaps even an official response?

A wolfskin coat yielding cloth seems rather odd to me. I would call that a bug and post it in the bug forum.

But why would you bother with this to get cloth? Wearing a wolfskin coat, deerskin boots and rabbitskin mitts keeps you plenty warm I should think. since you can run around without a pants on without any ill effect... My clothes usually give me around +5C. The wolfskin coat alone would be an improvement for me :)

Running out of cloth was a major problem during my last 119 day stalker run, when I lost my underpants and toque I became noticeable faster cold outside than when they were intact. With >80% wolf coat, deer boots and rabbit mittens. I actually never thought of harvesting coats for cloth although I had plenty enough leather and gut.

So yes this should be adjusted so that it yields leather but, until then, I'll use this knowledge on my next playthrough, thanks for sharing ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived