Lasted 6 days on my first run.

Orca

I think that's a great start! Been a long time since my first game but I think last only hours. Keep trying, which means dying, and you will discover some great things! Good luck and happy surviving. 

It's certainly better than my first try and even my second and third.  My recommendation is to tough it out and keep trying Voyageur mode.  I lost confidence in myself and dropped down to Pilgrim... before I knew it I had too many days invested in the save towards the longer achievements but ( so I didn't want to just end that file and start again), but I was getting a little bored with their being nothing in the game that would attack me... and this game doesn't allow you to increase the difficulty setting on a save as you go along.  In the end, I spent 500 days in that Pilgrim file while starting other more difficult files (and dying a lot in those).  The files I was dying in were infinitely more fun and I learned a lot with each death.  So, stick it out and don't worry about dying.  Each attack, each death with teach you something and you'll be Loping in no time.  Have fun.  It's a great game.

8 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

. . .   My recommendation is to tough it out and keep trying Voyageur mode.  . . .

I am sure that you will enjoy the extra challenge of Voyageur.  At first a game with Pilgrim is very useful.  It takes a while to become familiar with the game, apart from learning the tricks-of-the-trade.

The start, at all levels, is the most challenging and exciting, when you have limited resources and are building up your skills.  But once you have levels 4 or 5 in most skills the game becomes quite tame and you become overwhelmed by accumulated resources.  I think that there is a fundamental fault in the game in that it starts off challenging then becomes easy, (although I do accept that there has to a be a beneficial learning element in the game).

I find Stalker wolves too much hassle.  I don't want to spent most of my time, and mental energy, fighting wolves.  At the moment I'm playing a custom game which is Stalker with wolves turned down one notch.

I find Interloper very challenging, but it all depends upon your luck on getting good resources at the start of the game rather than your experience/skill.  If Lady Luck is on your side and you can get over the first few days and pull together the basic resources the game should settle down to a fascinating challenge.  But, to be honest, I want more relaxation and not a heart attack from playing TLD.

I hope you enjoy the extra challenge.

Guest kristaok

If you played on Voyager for your first time, yes, because when I first played I played on Pilgrim. Then when I did try Voyager not long after it was a change for sure because unlike Pilgrim the Wolves, Bears, etc. can give chase and attack unprovoked. 

Archived