in mystery lake any whetstone to find?

johnrocker

I'm in the  mystery lake I realized  lots of stuff can find somehow randomly when continue to progress the story but my  whetstone is about %24 to use.I can't find any so far a new fresh one.is there any location to find or is it craftable? I'm playing at hardest dificulty by the way.

Edited by johnrocker

5 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

I found one on the crafting table in Camp Office...but I believe they're random spawns even in Wintermute.

well, I couldn't so maybe next time.now  my current objective is returning to jeremiah I've just found new rifle in the hunting  cabine.maybe return to main lake land better  check it out. 

Edited by johnrocker

I found one on the crafting table in the camp office and the only other one I managed to find was in the second to last room in the lower carter dam. I ended up making 2 handcrafted axes and one handcrafted knife as I couldnt locate another knife until near the end when Hank's niece finally spawned at the unnamed pond but by then I was ready to leave. Thankfully I had stashed loads of wood by spences place so only cost me 4 coal in total to make provided you never let the forge go out you can just keep topping it up. Seeing how long I spent in the maintenance shed I amusingly missed the forge in there (Thought quest was bugged as I couldnt see the damn thing, teach me to speed check in half light). Its actually worth holding on to coal from milton if you can so you dont run out in case you stay for an extended period of time crafting.

• 5 months later...
On 12/28/2018 at 6:37 AM, johnrocker said:

well, I couldn't so maybe next time.now  my current objective is returning to jeremiah I've just found new rifle in the hunting  cabine.maybe return to main lake land better  check it out. 

Lucky find on the rifle - I searched the Hunting Lodge three times (with and without lantern, in daylight and night time) and didn't find a rifle there even though that's where I most expected to find one.