REDUX: Please add a Skip Intro

stapeliad

The intro is great,very well-done but I don't need to go through it every. single. time. I start a new game, which I need to do for a third time now.
My daughter and I started a game that I have to do with her but I want my own game as well (in hard mode, daughter likes easy mode).

Now in my current game I seem to have missed something from the hangar (??). idk what, I clicked everything..... it must be the map since I don't have it... but I DID click on it and heard the dialogue. But I don't have it.

So of course I want the map and that means I have to start over and that means I have to go through THE LONG INTRO (see what i did there?) yet again and honestly it's deflating enough that I don't even want to. 

If we are supposed to be able to rest in caves please enable us to do it- the only cave I found on the way to Grey Mother's was a cave I could not rest in. I traveled at night so probably missed another cave, but I was so happy to find a cave to rest and I could not rest.  

I made it to the house but I don't have the map and I want it, so I have to start over but that intro...

18 hours ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

aThe map isn't important. You just get world background when you pick it up. We'd never let you progress into the game without taking the critical stuff with you. 

After you have completed episode 1 at least once. The "Memories" section should be skip-able. With one of the many optional cargo crates showing up based on RNG at the crash site.

You don't have to complete episode one to skip dialog/cut scenes.  I had to start over several times before I even got to Grey Mother.  Once you see the scene once, you can just ESC out of it next time.  At least that's how it works for a PC.  I don't know about anything else.

On 12/20/2018 at 10:30 PM, fearofspam said:

You don't have to complete episode one to skip dialog/cut scenes.  I had to start over several times before I even got to Grey Mother.  Once you see the scene once, you can just ESC out of it next time.  At least that's how it works for a PC.  I don't know about anything else.

They're referring to the Memories scene, which takes place in Will's hangar.  Explore the hangar, take a nap, Astrid shows up, and you make the decision about whether to pack food, medicine, or the flare pistol into the plane.  They're saying the would prefer that entire section to be optional.

I personally don't mind it.  It takes just a few minutes.  But at the same time if you could like click the shot glass to get plastered and skip the scene, that would be cool too.

On 12/20/2018 at 11:30 PM, fearofspam said:

To clarify this, you start back in the hangar, but when the character scenes start between Will and Astrid, then you can hit escape and that skips to the loading the plane bit.  I didn't realize until my third restart that I was supposed to choose one of the three extra supply items to load into the plane along with Astrid's stuff.  :D

So far I'm enjoying the new Wintermute gameplay.  Thank you, Hinterland for having the humility and determination to go back and rebuild it. 

Archived