Guest Gamer935

Guest Gamer935

My Suggestion Is To Put Tents Into The Game They Won't Be Everywhere In The Game World But In Like Houses Such As The Trappers Homestead And The Camp Office As They Would Fit Perfectly In Those Locations.

It Would Give You A Bit More Warmth Than Just Sleeping In The Bedroll As You Are Out Of The Snow And Windchill :)

13 hours ago, Dawnshift said:

But then you'd need tent plus bedroll. And since we carry around so much already ... a bit overkill for the sake of immersion.

however much we carry around is up to each themselves, isn't it? how much food, water etc you carry, along with additional equipment, is everybody's own choice, although there are many points are the same in basic needs. But if someone thinks that they'll need a tent, why not let them? for everyday objects like tents, there's no overkill in immersion.

A snow shelter basically IS a tent.  Just carry 5 cloth with you at all times, and if you need a tent, scavenge 15 sticks off the ground and there you go.  Provides a 15C warmth bonus above whatever the outside temperature is, and if you have a bedroll in your inventory, it is automatically used when resting and added on top of that 15C warmth bonus.  If you repair it diligently once every day, you can keep it at 100% condition for the cost of just one stick per day.  Although wolves and bears can still drag you out of the shelter and attack you, so take care where you choose to make camp.

8 hours ago, Kendov said:

however much we carry around is up to each themselves, isn't it? (...)

Let me be more clear: yes, the choice is yours but:
the same (by your logic i imagine) would go then for a pillow, a planket, aditional cured fur / sheepskin in the bedroll or a cape.

Everything has to be balanced with gameplay.
I mean specifically: what does a tent add over a snow shelter? (see ajb1978's post above; tip: i********)

And then you still have the weight thingy. If we're talking about a crafted tent usable in those weather conditions (like in the style of sth a beach windbreaker tent) ..
That would mean: ground fixation, metal rods and waterproofed leather - there goes 10 to 20% of your carry weight.

Or we could use cedar logs or sticks plus deer /wolf hides to make more permanent/longer lasting  tents /shelters. 

Would certainly give us something to do with the carpet of skins accumulated  mid to end game.

Imo the snow shelters are good but wear down too fast and also feel a little  cluastraphobic . 

Would be cool to have a shelter /tent with more space enabling setting up of bases in more inaccessible  areas. Maybe even dismantle a stove into multiple heavy pieces and reassemble in your tent/new base. If they really wanted to add some content like this,imo there is a lot they could do with it.

This would  require you to have lots of cured pelts ready to go and be equipped to spend long periods outside constructing.

Therefore would not really be achievable until mid/late game.

Guest Gamer935
2 hours ago, sierra 117 said:

Or we could use cedar logs or sticks plus deer /wolf hides to make more permanent/longer lasting  tents /shelters. 

Would certainly give us something to do with the carpet of skins accumulated  mid to end game.

Imo the snow shelters are good but wear down too fast and also feel a little  cluastraphobic . 

Would be cool to have a shelter /tent with more space enabling setting up of bases in more inaccessible  areas. Maybe even dismantle a stove into multiple heavy pieces and reassemble in your tent/new base. If they really wanted to add some content like this,imo there is a lot they could do with it.

This would  require you to have lots of cured pelts ready to go and be equipped to spend long periods outside constructing.

Therefore would not really be achievable until mid/late game.

I agree it should be more accessible towards the mid to end as more resources and experience but also maybe a super rare find of a fully built one already in places such as I said the Trappers Homestead as a hunter will need a place to sleep and also the Lookout Tower 

Archived