No Moose ML ? (Custom settings)

Krait

I'm on day 59 in a custom game (moose and bear on medium). Trapper's my main base. No moose yet near my cosy shack, been looking around the usual suspect places for scratch marks: Near Carter Dam, at the lonely cabin between unnamed pond and clearcut, at clearcut itself (my first sighting of a bear in ML..) Nowhere scratch marks to be seen.

Is patience the name of the game or should I check out Quonset to name a place?

Thanks.

I´ve had a moose suddenly appearing at Trapper´s homestead in my current run. I´ve actually first seen one in the Forlorn Muskeg just at the righthand side of the rails not far away from the transition point ML-FM. I shot the moose that appeared at trappers homestead and shortly afterwards went out to verify a theory that has been in my mind for quite some time already. And evidently, the Moose i have seen in the Forlorn Muskeg was gone. Not a single hint of it´s existence except of the tree markings remained. Thus i am pretty sure that the Moose i shot near Trapper´s Homestead was the same moose i have seen in the Forlorn Muskeg.

Since this incident, I am pretty sure that Moose do not stay in their spawn location for longer than a few days. Maybe they change their location each time shortly after you were around.

So basically, yes if you wait long enough there is a good chance that you will encounter a moose at Trapper´s Homestead.

Edit: I am using custom settings.

On 7/11/2018 at 4:03 PM, Krait said:

I'm on day 59 in a custom game (moose and bear on medium). Trapper's my main base. No moose yet near my cosy shack, been looking around the usual suspect places for scratch marks: Near Carter Dam, at the lonely cabin between unnamed pond and clearcut, at clearcut itself (my first sighting of a bear in ML..) Nowhere scratch marks to be seen.

Is patience the name of the game or should I check out Quonset to name a place?

Thanks.

Most of my play-through's have turned up a moose at the Hunter's Lodge - check there.

Here's a question - did you change the spawn nearness?  I had a problem on a custom run where I'd set the spawn distance too far and everything, including deer spawned basically on the other side of the map. 

45 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Most of my play-through's have turned up a moose at the Hunter's Lodge - check there.

I've  found one indeed at the Hunter's Lodge and one at DP bridge, my only 2 moose sightings in my current (what is now) 250+ days custom game.

Have seen additional scratch marks in TWM and PV near the Barn at the woods.

Cheers!

8 minutes ago, Jolan said:

Here's a question - did you change the spawn nearness?  I had a problem on a custom run where I'd set the spawn distance too far and everything, including deer spawned basically on the other side of the map. 

Nope, haven't changed the spawn distance, only the spawn 'rarity', I must confess I like this custom setting now: Moose are supposed to be rare and not show up at Trapper's at day 2, I think..

Still I wonder what happens if in my next custom game I set the spawn option to 'Low' ..

Archived