Movies and TLD

BESt

Hello everyone! With which movie would you compare TLD? Personally, I think that Stalker mode is similar with The Grey (starring Liam Neeson), and bear struggle similar to The Revenant. What about you?

The main difference between TLD and the two movies you mentioned is this: The Long Dark is great, whereas The Revenant and The Grey are both complete crap!

There's a podcast somewhere in which Patrick Carlson and RvL discuss movies that influence them. They talked about The Thing quite a lot.

And I saw The Mountain Between Us quite recently, which had a few similarities with the gameplay and premise: plane crash in the snow; woman goes off alone and man tries to find her; fighting wild animals with a flaregun; falling through ice on a frozen lake; using abandoned buildings for shelter. It's not a brilliant movie, but worth a watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy moly, that was intense. But seriously, I'd love to know if the TLD team saw this prior to conception, or during development, of TLD - so many parallels.

The one thing I would say to the Devs is - please, never give us sleds. The hoarder in me just couldn't cope with it!

Archived