Winter Humor

cekivi

I remember that storm (if you're talking about the same one that hit the Northeast; I'm not sure where you are).  I was in northern NY over the Christmas break and had to drive up to the Montreal airport.  It was after the ice had cleared up, but you could see the swaths of destroyed trees lining the highway.

5 hours ago, Prestermatt said:

I remember that storm (if you're talking about the same one that hit the Northeast; I'm not sure where you are).  I was in northern NY over the Christmas break and had to drive up to the Montreal airport.  It was after the ice had cleared up, but you could see the swaths of destroyed trees lining the highway.

Power was out for almost 2 weeks in Montreal. Was nasty. My uncle almost died from an electrical pylon tower falling and crushing him from all the weight of the ice.

4 hours ago, Fuarian said:

Power was out for almost 2 weeks in Montreal. Was nasty. My uncle almost died from an electrical pylon tower falling and crushing him from all the weight of the ice.

I was in Plattsburgh, NY.  Most of the city was out of power for a few days, though somehow ours wasn't.  It was indeed a nasty storm.  I hope your uncle recovered.  That sounds unpleasant.

15 hours ago, Prestermatt said:

I was in Plattsburgh, NY.  Most of the city was out of power for a few days, though somehow ours wasn't.  It was indeed a nasty storm.  I hope your uncle recovered.  That sounds unpleasant.

He wasn't actually hit by it. It just fell right next to him and he dodged it. That happened everywhere. 

I was in Montreal, and only lost power for a few hours (my street had underground power cables). I had a one bedroom apt (3&1/2 in Mtl parlance) and ended up hosting about eight people for just shy of a week. We drank beer and played lots of Warlords II (old DOS turn based strategy game allowing for eight players).

On 1/18/2018 at 10:38 AM, stratvox said:

I was in Montreal, and only lost power for a few hours (my street had underground power cables). I had a one bedroom apt (3&1/2 in Mtl parlance) and ended up hosting about eight people for just shy of a week. We drank beer and played lots of Warlords II (old DOS turn based strategy game allowing for eight players).

Great way to spend time playing good ol Warlords II . Use to like the hot seat battles with all ai players. Turn it on before work and come home for lunch to see who's winning and at the end of the day to see who won :) Great stuff. 

Archived