hole in my roof

Simone Else

Or those holes in the door. Lets face it, that location is not very weather proof..

I don't think bearskin would be a way to fix that.
I would imagine that sticks, birch bark and cured guts would be enough to fix the roof. Additionally, the smart thing would be to seal it with ice, so water which then freezes would create a pretty powerful seal.

I would like to see a way for players to fix certain shelters to make them more liveable, and it would be cool if the current shelters could become damaged in the same way randomly as well.  For example, during a bad blizzard, a branch would fly off and puncture the hole through the roof of Camp office. You would have to fix it as well, similarly like the Mountaineer´s. The shelters could already be found damaged, or they could get damaged by bad weather. That would be a neat game mechanic.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:43 AM, Mroz4k said:

Or those holes in the door. Lets face it, that location is not very weather proof..

I don't think bearskin would be a way to fix that.
I would imagine that sticks, birch bark and cured guts would be enough to fix the roof. Additionally, the smart thing would be to seal it with ice, so water which then freezes would create a pretty powerful seal.

I would like to see a way for players to fix certain shelters to make them more liveable, and it would be cool if the current shelters could become damaged in the same way randomly as well.  For example, during a bad blizzard, a branch would fly off and puncture the hole through the roof of Camp office. You would have to fix it as well, similarly like the Mountaineer´s. The shelters could already be found damaged, or they could get damaged by bad weather. That would be a neat game mechanic.

Id much rather have this than the "cabin building" others suggest. Maintaining a base would have its perks and responsibilities.

Destroyed/damaged shelters may encourage nomadism and variety in gameplay. 

Itd also be nice to implement the ability to move plastic and metal containers over to your base as well.

1 hour ago, Simone Else said:

wow... lots of other good ideas here...  but guys, i just wanted hinterland to let me have  a way to climb onto the roof so i can just 'drop' bearskins over the hole.   lol 

It's not a "hole", it's a "skylight".  Just think of how much it raises the property value!

Archived