Medicinal plant.

AlexandraRussia

2 minutes ago, AlexandraRussia said:

Well, if the protagonist permanently settled on the base, then the plant has a chance to survive).

This is true. But where would he get a living aloe plant to start with? He would have to find one first, and then make sure the house remains heated to the level aloe requires. Even your main base is unheated about 21-22 hours out of every day, because it is so much trouble keeping a fire alive.

1 minute ago, Hesha said:

This is true. But where would he get a living aloe plant to start with? He would have to find one first, and then make sure the house remains heated to the level aloe requires. Even your main base is unheated about 21-22 hours out of every day, because it is so much trouble keeping a fire alive.

In the real world.  My house is very cold), and Aloe lives), and in the summer my home is too hot), but survives because), which means the plant is strong).

Aloe overwinters outdoors in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 10 and 11, where average minimum temperatures stay above 30 to 35 degrees Fahrenheit. In summer it tolerates lows from 50 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit, and in winter it does not do well in temperatures under 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Indoors, it can tolerate dry air. Aloe requires full sun for flowering, but can adapt to partial shade in some areas.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/environment-needed-aloe-vera-plants-survive-67448.html

Not sure how cold your house gets, but unless you live in northern Siberia, I'd say it doesn't get anywhere near as cold as poorly insulated cabins do in TLD.

Aloe can be used against sunburns. Just squeeze the leafs and distribute the liquid on the skin. Another use is against occlusion. Aloe has very high numbers of so called "anthracene-derivates" which are responsible for this effect. They are not so harmless as you might think because of a possible carcinogenic effect.

But: None of the both diseases are in the game. So it's not important.  Above all, there are just a few species of Aloe that are used for this, so...
And: The game is in the final phase. There is no more time for adding additional content like that, because i believe this amount of healing plants/herbs wasn't planned and it isn't part of the actual work the team is on. It would just take too much time to develop and actually it isn't that important i think.

29 minutes ago, Karl Grylls said:

Aloe can be used against sunburns. Just squeeze the leafs and distribute the liquid on the skin. Another use is against occlusion. Aloe has very high numbers of so called "anthracene-derivates" which are responsible for this effect. They are not so harmless as you might think because of a possible carcinogenic effect.

But: None of the both diseases are in the game. So it's not important.  Above all, there are just a few species of Aloe that are used for this, so...
And: The game is in the final phase. There is no more time for adding additional content like that, because i believe this amount of healing plants/herbs wasn't planned and it isn't part of the actual work the team is on. It would just take too much time to develop and actually it isn't that important i think.

What makes you think that this is the final stage?  ), I think this game has a lot to develop).

4 hours ago, AlexandraRussia said:

What makes you think that this is the final stage?  ), I think this game has a lot to develop).

Yes it has, but i don't see things like that being added to the game in the next years. Obviously the team will fully concentrate on the next episodes of story mode.

Archived