Quite Disappointing

Ruggedwisdom

I've been waiting for this lovely beast to emerge for months, but I've hit two stumbling blocks now and it's just stopped being enjoyable. 

Firstly dying and losing the bank managers key in Milton, then unable to find it anywhere again was particularly annoying - meaning the managers house and the vault were unattainable. 

Then after one ridicolous wood gathering exercise for the miserable old bint, I'm faced with finding 10,000 cals for her fridge when I've already rainsacked the whole bloody town - including the petrol station. 

Now there's food nowhere to finish the story mission, I'm starving and the wolves are literally everywhere. It's become totally unenjoyable. 

Have you tried catching rabbits and harvesting dead deer? The path leading away from town up the slope, right by the old bint's house, leads up to a rabbit run. Fling some stones, stun some rabbits and do the necessary. You'll find some more rabbit runs on the other side of the little log bridge along the riverbank too. Finally the old lady will take manky old food in her fridge, if you don't mind her inevitable demise days after you leave from food poisoning. 

Sorry to hear about the bank manager key getting lost, that kinda sucks. It didn't respawn in its original place then?

Yes, first food mission is to fill the fridge with canned stuff and water, actual packaged food. Second part of the food mission is to forage either deer or rabbit. After you fill the fridge the first time you have to talk to grey mother. After you speak with her, if you leave the house and walk down to the road towards the gas station there will be a deer spawned there. You can also look at your map and it will show you were the deer are to harvest.

I even killed some wolves with the hatched and made some fine steaks to test if parasites was a thing. It wasn´t.

Sorry to hear about that key, though. Can´t figure that it could be lost. Just search the location again? Because the game saves on entering buildings and sleeping or on checkpoints. Maybe just retrace your steps?

Seems to me the key is simply there where you found it before you died, go check again. When you die, you have to option to either load the last save or the last checkpoint. If you had it and died after entering a building/went to sleep it must have loaded a save where you still had it. If you loaded a checkpoint, just search the house again.

Yeah, even though it says, 'Searched' it still means something is in it. If it said 'Empty', then you'd be in trouble.

You might also be able to still get into the vault if someone here just tells you the wheel lock combination, then perhaps you'd be able to continue without it.

15 hours ago, dmbjt said:

If you cant find the bank managers key you can't complete episode 1

Is there not a way out of town without using the reward she gives you from the mission? I was very tempted to leave 

16 hours ago, Ruggedwisdom said:

the miserable old bint

to die alone and just continue after Astrid, once I figured out where I'd have to go. I'd hope it's possible to ignore some of the missions, especially since it's becoming increasing difficult to actually like or empathise with any  of the characters I've encountered (including Will and Astrid, for that matter).

16 hours ago, Ruggedwisdom said:

one ridicolous wood gathering exercise

P.S. I discovered that paper and tinder counts towards this, so I mostly just filled her wood bin with piles of old useless documents and newspaper. But she has an magically infinite 10-minute fire anyway, so I don't know what she was worried about in the first place.

Spoilers:

Well i didnt test it but according to what the game gave me of information you can get enough trust of the old woman and she will tell you the way to the next map. So if this is true then u dont need the key and stuff.

51 minutes ago, exeexe said:

Spoilers:

Well i didnt test it but according to what the game gave me of information you can get enough trust of the old woman and she will tell you the way to the next map. So if this is true then u dont need the key and stuff.

She tells you how to leave the map when you are done the MAIN quests. Side missions usually only give you items such as the boots or the flare gun. 

4 hours ago, Pillock said:

Is there not a way out of town without using the reward she gives you from the mission? I was very tempted to leave 

to die alone and just continue after Astrid, once I figured out where I'd have to go. I'd hope it's possible to ignore some of the missions, especially since it's becoming increasing difficult to actually like or empathise with any  of the characters I've encountered (including Will and Astrid, for that matter).

Can I just say that I completely agree?

I can empathize with almost none of the characters in the story mode, but the stupid old lady takes the friggen cake.

"I am completely dependent on this guy for survival, but let me just do little other than harangue and belittle the guy".

1 hour ago, Boston123 said:

can empathize with almost none of the characters in the story mode, but the stupid old lady takes the friggen cake.

"I am completely dependent on this guy for survival, but let me just do little other than harangue and belittle the guy".

Yup, she got on my nerves as well. She seems like trope, the old cantankerous wise woman, whom you don't know whether to trust or not. I had half a mind to stab her to death.

On the other hand, the fetch quest do give you something to do. If she just pointed the way out of town there wouldn't be much use in having a town, now would there?

Archived