Spoilers!! Trying to start episode 2?

BigMan81

44 minutes ago, BigMan81 said:

Get out of the cave. See bear attacking man cut scene and credits roll. Back to main menu and nothing. Any help would be great

BigMan81, you wouldn't happen to be playing on Xbox, would you? I play mainly on Xbox, and that is precisely what happened to me. The only way I could start episode 2 was to start it as a new game and let me tell ya, it is not a good alternative. Don't try it unless you want to be reduced to the clothes you started with and no weapons and nothing.

Having the same issue here!! This is incredibly frustrating! I refuse to start new. Either it gets patched or I'm moving on. 

Was no bug testing done? I know it's a small team, but I've found numerous issues in a single play-through of episode one.. :( 

A bit disappointed considering I've been waiting about 4 years for this.. :( 

2 minutes ago, Littleork said:

Got to Load and see if one of the saves says Episode 2 with Progress:None. If there is one, try that one.

No dice. The only thing that shows up is story1. loading that just brings you back to the last save at the entrance of the cave.

One of the support staff have said that there is an issue with gear continuity on the Xbox version. Either suck it up and start Episode 2 with no gear or wait for a patch... It sucks. 

This exact thing just happened to me. I'm so freaking upset after all of the hard work and time I put into season one everything I had saved is gone. My game just like vanished. After the cut scene with the bear and being sent to main menu my progress is no longer saved Like I have to do episode one all over again... definitely not going to do that. It's would be so time consuming to start all the way from the beginning again! This totally put a bad taste in my mouth about the game. I really hope they take this issue seriously and resolve it asap because I really do love the game, but how do you release a game we are all super hyped about and have an issue this big! We can't even play the game the right way, how is that okay!? I'm surprised they haven't fixed this already, like this is not cool at all.

4 hours ago, Citizenfour said:

Having the same issue here!! This is incredibly frustrating! I refuse to start new. Either it gets patched or I'm moving on. 

Was no bug testing done? I know it's a small team, but I've found numerous issues in a single play-through of episode one.. :( 

A bit disappointed considering I've been waiting about 4 years for this.. :( 

I feel the same way. I am incredibly upset that after all of the work put into season one my game just reset and progress was deleted. How are they not frantically trying to solve this asap?! This looks so bad on them and really puts such a bad taste in my mouth. & Who would honestly just sit for 6 hours to redo everything from season one to catch up again... I'm so frustrated with this.

3 hours ago, Bripea said:

I feel the same way. I am incredibly upset that after all of the work put into season one my game just reset and progress was deleted. How are they not frantically trying to solve this asap?! This looks so bad on them and really puts such a bad taste in my mouth. & Who would honestly just sit for 6 hours to redo everything from season one to catch up again... I'm so frustrated with this.

Ouch. I haven't lost my progress, so I guess I don't have it as bad as you do. 

Out of curiosity, did you go to "new" and select Episode 2? or did you just lose your progress without doing anything?

I made a request in the Wish List section for a way to import your saved game from one episode into the next, and hopefully eventually into the Sandbox when the story is finished.

Having this mechanic would have solved this issue...

Go discuss it there if you like the idea.

They did this with the old Sierra series of Quest for Glory games back in the day...

Can't be too hard to program, if programmers figured it out back in 1990 with floppy disks....

17 hours ago, Ape88 said:

BigMan81, you wouldn't happen to be playing on Xbox, would you? I play mainly on Xbox, and that is precisely what happened to me. The only way I could start episode 2 was to start it as a new game and let me tell ya, it is not a good alternative. Don't try it unless you want to be reduced to the clothes you started with and no weapons and nothing.

Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure if starting a new game on episode 2 would be worthwhile. I've started again and really taking my time. Hopefully the fix what's in cert doesn't wipe main saves.

14 hours ago, Citizenfour said:

Ouch. I haven't lost my progress, so I guess I don't have it as bad as you do. 

Out of curiosity, did you go to "new" and select Episode 2? or did you just lose your progress without doing anything?

I went to the menu and pressed resume. I would never press new lol! I am scared to even open the game today. im going to be so sad to see my progress gone all over again lol. I dont even know what to do because even if i do start over and go all the way through episode one all over again im sure i will just be in the same place all over again with my game not moving on. Thats what ive seen others say.

7 hours ago, Bripea said:

I went to the menu and pressed resume. I would never press new lol! I am scared to even open the game today. im going to be so sad to see my progress gone all over again lol. I dont even know what to do because even if i do start over and go all the way through episode one all over again im sure i will just be in the same place all over again with my game not moving on. Thats what ive seen others say.

That sucks man. When I hit resume, it just puts me back in the cave every time. 

25 minutes ago, Citizenfour said:

That sucks man. When I hit resume, it just puts me back in the cave every time. 

I am annoyed, it's so unfair that we just have to sit here and wait until they fix it. I want to play lol, seeing everyone in episode 2 is making me want to just buy the PC version but obviously that's a dumb idea.

Archived