Is there supposed to be dialogue audio for all parts of conversation between Mackenzie and Grey Mother?

Ape88

16 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

The dialogue sequences are a mix of voiced cutscenes and unvoiced dialogue options - it's intended. 

I think it could be a major overhaul if you'd make all dialogues as cinematics with voices. I wish it more than other contents for the moment, and I'd like to play again the episode 1 and 2 with full cinematics before next episodes.

It would be nice if you could revisit it, as the changing tone of Grey Mother's voice would further highlight the development of trust, going from angry and suspicious through blunt and sarcastic, pleased and appraising and finally thankful and vulnerable. Such a gradual tone shift would increase player empathy. If impossible for this one, please consider it for future NPCs. The Long Dark is legendary for its rich use of sound, be a bit of a shame not to follow that into the world of dialogue. 

45 minutes ago, Nervous Pete said:

It would be nice if you could revisit it, as the changing tone of Grey Mother's voice would further highlight the development of trust, going from angry and suspicious through blunt and sarcastic, pleased and appraising and finally thankful and vulnerable. Such a gradual tone shift would increase player empathy. If impossible for this one, please consider it for future NPCs. The Long Dark is legendary for its rich use of sound, be a bit of a shame not to follow that into the world of dialogue. 

Solid!

21 hours ago, Nervous Pete said:

Seconded.

Totally agree. I must admit I thought this was a bug. Seems oddly quiet when reading subtitles in silence, particularly after the engaging cut scene. It feels as if something has been given and then taken away which is a shame as this is the first ever time in TLD when there is another human to interact with. Maybe there is a technical reason for this?  Anyway, absolutely loving everything else - thank you.

In a manner of speaking. Our team is small, and Wintermute has quite a bit of dialogue -- it would be a huge task for us to have voice over and lip-syncing for every line, when the time and resources could be applied elsewhere. That said, we appreciate the feedback about your experience!

3 minutes ago, Mel Guille said:

it would be a huge task for us to have voice over and lip-syncing for every line, when the time and resources could be applied elsewhere.

Lip-syncing is not needed, just show the character sitting or something and have the actors who are already speaking their lines for the cut-scenes also speak the lines from the texts. I think some of Jeremiah's Cutscenes aren't lip-synced and it didn't bother me, Dark Souls for example does no Lip-syncing at all but every line is spoken. This mixture of voice and text TLD does within a single scene is quite disturbing and immersion breaking. I would've been perfectly willing to wait a bit longer if all the lines would've been recorded.

Just now, Mel Guille said:

In a manner of speaking. Our team is small, and Wintermute has quite a bit of dialogue -- it would be a huge task for us to have voice over and lip-syncing for every line. That said, we appreciate the feedback about your experience!

Oh you can do it....and it's not like the characters have a very detailed amount of facial expressions....

As long as you do a better job than they did with Mass Effect Andromeda, before they patched all the terrible animations and lip-synching no one will mock you guys....:)

Check out this nonsense:

For me its a huge failure when the talking ends and now I have to read everything.

Every time its happen, I am "waking" up from the gamefeeling. Its just wrong.

You mixed two different settings and thats strange.

Either have every sentence as audio or none. 

Now its a mix of these two different types and every time one changes into the other type, I am distracted.

Because I loved, how you recorded the audio - the charakters are feeling real, their voices are perfekt and the speakers did an amazing job. It would be perfect, if the other sentences get an audio too.

6 minutes ago, Kris-thepilgrim said:

For me its a huge failure when the talking ends and now I have to read everything.

Every time its happen, I am "waking" up from the gamefeeling. Its just wrong.

You mixed two different settings and thats strange.

Either have every sentence as audio or none. 

Now its a mix of these two different types and everything one changes into the other type, I am distracted.

Because I loved, how you recorded the audio - the charakters are feeling real, their voices are perfekt and the speakers did an amazing job. It would be perfect, if the other sentences get an audio too.

I concur...

Archived