My Multiplayer Concept, Illustrated, Something New

NatanM

2 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

While we don't have any plans for multiplayer/co-op, we can certainly appreciate the thought you've put into your proposal. And glad to hear you're enjoying the game! :durbear::coffee:

And a snow tiger! :) (escaped?)

Is multiplayer considered too frustrating to complete. Or is it because 2/3 of the devs are working on story mode.

3 minutes ago, Rifleman said:

Is multiplayer considered too frustrating to complete. Or is it because 2/3 of the devs are working on story mode.

Great question. While I understand there are some formidable technical and design challenges associated with multiplayer, it's also the case that The Long Dark has always been imagined as a crafted, single-player experience. To put it another way--multiplayer just isn't in the game's DNA at this point. :big_smile:I hope that helps, Rifleman. 

Cool drawings :P

I don't agree with your proposed multiplayer, feels too standard, buying seeling noooo Or at least not like this.

But I hope that Hinterland will make a game with strong level design like this one with some sort of multiplayer, in TLD it's clearly not possible as we have see in other topics, I think we should open a topic specifically for new things that could be interesting to develop in the next game.

1 hour ago, togg said:

But I hope that Hinterland will make a game with strong level design like this one with some sort of multiplayer, in TLD it's clearly not possible as we have see in other topics, I think we should open a topic specifically for new things that could be interesting to develop in the next game.

Yeah, but not exactly now - let 'em finish their current game first ;) 

10 hours ago, Wormer said:

How are you going to fix the problem of skipping time in multiplayer?

Have you ever played the App "the Blockheads?" Youd have to do actions in full game time unless everyone (probably a coop game would be best) is doing an action as well, then time speeds up

Also, actions would have to be broken down into parts much like we see in crafting 40 hour coats so you could do things little by little.

But in my opinion the game just wouldnt work right in multiplayer unless a lot of changes were made, not to shoot anyone down, its just what i think

Yeah, I also feel like multiplayer isn't for this one. Lots of the game is about being alone, it won't be as cool when there will be two. Probably it was cool to meet people occasionally to trade, talk, show your hut and then part. Also, if the world was ALOT lager, such that it was able to literally sink there, then multiplayer could have had sense.

Archived