Idea for bear attack animations

Rifleman

What would this add to the game besides a tedious re-rating period? I support a first person presence in attack animations for bears and wolves, but we don't need to see the gory details, it doesn't add anything aside from a higher ESRB rating. 
Tinnitus after the attack is reasonable, but when I think tinnitus, I think of World of Warships after taking a citadel hit.

5 hours ago, Wastelander said:

Game's rated T, so no gore I guess. Ringing sound would be cool tho.

I don't think a bigger rating would have a big effect on the sales. children can be found on GTA5, call of duty and other 18+ games. Even if the long dark was rated above their age, they would still play it.

3 hours ago, EternityTide said:

What would this add to the game besides a tedious re-rating period? I support a first person presence in attack animations for bears and wolves, but we don't need to see the gory details, it doesn't add anything aside from a higher ESRB rating. 
Tinnitus after the attack is reasonable, but when I think tinnitus, I think of World of Warships after taking a citadel hit.

It would give inexperienced players a bigger reaction.

6 hours ago, Rifleman said:

I don't think a bigger rating would have a big effect on the sales. children can be found on GTA5, call of duty and other 18+ games. Even if the long dark was rated above their age, they would still play it.

That's all fine and dandy, but we're talking about laws here, not the people who break them. 

i've never been a big fan of overkilling gore in videogames. or, at least not videogames like the long dark. it works for fast-paced shooters and fighting games, but for a game like the long dark, the current animation is fine. besides, in real life if you get a massive chunk taken out of your leg by a bear, i think i'd try my absolute hardest not to look at it too hard.
however, i would like to see our characters hands trying to push and hit and struggle against the bear. its kinda stupid to just lay there and take it. like "oh well. this bear is eating me now. i guess this is the end. goodbye world" :P (however, it is recommended to play dead if youre ever attacked by a bear, so..)

8 hours ago, Tbone555 said:

i've never been a big fan of overkilling gore in videogames. or, at least not videogames like the long dark. it works for fast-paced shooters and fighting games, but for a game like the long dark, the current animation is fine. besides, in real life if you get a massive chunk taken out of your leg by a bear, i think i'd try my absolute hardest not to look at it too hard.
however, i would like to see our characters hands trying to push and hit and struggle against the bear. its kinda stupid to just lay there and take it. like "oh well. this bear is eating me now. i guess this is the end. goodbye world" :P (however, it is recommended to play dead if youre ever attacked by a bear, so..)

Yeah, punching a bear in the snout would NOT Make your day any better besides the fact you did something most people alive have never done... but thats cause all of them who did are dead XD

I do however think we can see our arms flail a bit as were tossed about, hower, and see clothing tear but no blood or gore.

And does anyone else think the Old Bears eyes look a little off? Kinda dead and dull and unmoving?

Archived