Pet pictures?

To my amazement i couldn't find a topic on this subject :o

Time to make one!

Unfortunatly my current situation makes it impossible for me to have a pet, but that doesn't mean i haven't got cool pictures of my two dearest companions, they both passed away a couple of years ago at the age of 13 but i still hold them dear in my heart.

Meet Russia (female), the british short hair (not russian short hair) short tempered cat.

poes.jpg

poes_2.jpg

I grew her out of a seed, not really, she was adopted by me after being on the streets for 8 years.

Meet Bubsy (male), the tabby cat, yes i named him after Bubsy the Bobcat, one of my favourite Sega games.

buglechat.jpg

I learned this one to sit and give paw on commando, males tabby's are pretty easy going.

Foto0614.jpg

I almost forgot, this here's Freddy, shows up for time to time, keeps my house free of most other spiders, flies or any insects for that matter.

spin_1.jpg

Very interested to see all those lucky pets, so post away!

• 3 months later...

For the meat, sure!

Though I doubt these two have much on their bones ...

The black longhair on the left passed away in 2012. She is very much missed. She was a breeding queen (Siberian) that came to me after she had three litters. She lived with me for nearly ten years before succumbing to oral cancer (always bad, bad news in cats). The one on the right is a three-legged rescue that came to me on New Year's Day 2005 as a six month old cat. He is still very much with us, making life miserable (ha!) for us. 

When they are together, I called them the Queen and the Knave. Now it's just Demon Spawn of Satan. 

He's actually very loving with us. Just not so perlite with strangers.

Queen and Knave.jpg

Lovely picture man, i would love to meet them oneday, perhaps in another lifetime.
Bubsy or Bug also had oral cancer :( He had a knack for drinking out of water puddles outside, might have caused it.
Thanks for taking the time to reply by the way, i felt like a newbie for having to double post, this topic was dead before it even started, i just hope more people will post lovely pictures!

Jep anything is good, even pictures of a volleyball, as long as it can be considered a pet.
I'm certain once the game gets a full release people will flock to these forums in massive amounts, i don't think it will become a dead forum like with some other games, and why i think that is because this game (amongst other thing) almost invites you into sharing your stories with someone, somewhere, somehow, forums would be a good idea to visit then :D
It's been.... about... 8 years since i've been fully active on a forum, if i don't see any interesting people despite of their population, i won't hang around for long.
This forum also attracts a certain kind of people while many other forums are packed with littering hipsters.
It's like everybody here has some form of education and we can educate eachother without having to outsmart one another.
But none of them have pets -.- hehe

I have an extra, one of my friend his cats; Punchy (my loverboy)
Don't leave me to long around animals, they might grow attached to me ^^

punchy.png

Guess my pets are lucky they're never going to meet yours! :normal:

Sorry for the quality of the photos, my pets' movement speed obviously exceeds my own photographer skills by far. Gave up on photographing the neon tetras and yellow panchax for obvious reasons.^^

Colisa chuna.jpg

Cambarellus patzcuarensis Orange.jpg

Mikrogeophagus altospinosus.jpg

Pangio kuhlii.jpg

11 hours ago, Hatchet said:

I have an extra, one of my friend his cats; Punchy (my loverboy)
Don't leave me to long around animals, they might grow attached to me ^^

punchy.png

Umm, me too . . . as long as I don't tell them I'm a V. E. T. Shhh!

9 hours ago, Scyzara said:

Guess my pets are lucky they're never going to meet yours! :normal:

Sorry for the quality of the photos, my pets' movement speed obviously exceeds my own photographer skills by far. Gave up on photographing the neon tetras and yellow panchax for obvious reasons.^^

Colisa chuna.jpg

Cambarellus patzcuarensis Orange.jpg

Mikrogeophagus altospinosus.jpg

Pangio kuhlii.jpg

Beautiful shots! I know how fast neon tetras move, and they are so beautiful! What color are yours?

6 hours ago, cowboymrh said:

Here's my Lucky Dog! Best trail companion ever!! :)

Lucky.jpg

*Shudder* He may be the best trail companion ever, but I can't help but think of the burrs that one has to dig out of that coat! And what is that bridge in the distance?

4 hours ago, cekivi said:

I really miss my dog. First I moved away and had to leave him at home. Then he died of cancer :(

Trying to find a picture of him also made me realize that I really need to organize my photos...

IMG_0031.JPG

Awww, cute pup! Goldens are almost as notorious as Boxers when it comes to the "big C." In fact, many of the chemotherapy protocols used for lymphoma in people were first tested on Goldens. They get the same kinds of cancers as we do.

3 hours ago, starfighter441 said:

My wee girl Piper.  Once a Scottie, always a Scottie, the Terrier of Terriers, the Dog of Dogs.

Piper Stairs.jpg

For some reason I pictured you with a dachshund. =D Nonetheless, beautiful girl!

7 hours ago, hauteecolerider said:

Beautiful shots! I know how fast neon tetras move, and they are so beautiful! What color are yours?

White with a red tail, the typical iridescent blue side stripe is reduced to a blue dot above the eye. (It's not the wildtype form of neon tetra, but a breed called "diamond head". They're also a little bigger than the wildtypes.) I've got 20 of them, so they're moving as a swarm. :normal:

Looks pretty much like these guys here:

http://www.aquatic-village.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/diamondneon.jpg

@cekivi They're actually doing a long term study with Goldens and cancer and comparing cancer rates with people. (No laboratory testing were done on the dogs, just case reports from vets and vet teaching hospitals). One thing that has already become evident is that your highest rate of cancer occurrence is in your late middle age to early senior years. Typically most Goldens develop cancer between the ages of 8 and 11 years of age. If one makes it to 12 years of age without developing cancer, the risk drops pretty dramatically. They have seen the same trend in people - if you make it to 70+ years without getting cancer, your risk of developing it drops off to almost zero. See? Goldens do teach us something other than how to be goofy and happy all the time!

@Scyzara These are gorgeous fish! I can imagine how hard it would be to photograph them!

@nicko Do you really want to call this a pet? A mere pet??!! Oh, and owls are better for vermin than bald eagles. Eagles are great for fishing when there's no ice . . . Cool video, though, and neat story!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived