Feeling so sad :(

Denyo

I started playing back game recently and it got me so hooked back.I enjoyed so crazy much all new improvements in game,new maps,audio,graphics,...I felt in love again in this awesome game of the milenium.

But then it started. :( In PV,whenever I was in Homestead,I had such awfull lag and it was worse every time I started to play.Then lag appeared also in all other interiors in PV,in time also when I was outside,during bad weather,blizzards and windy days. It was so bad and unplayable,that I had to move to Coastal Highway map. But just to encounter even heavyer lag,especially inside Quonset and town houses.

True,I still have my old laptop,but untill recently I had not much problems with lag and gameplay was surprisely smooth.Since last hotfix all got bad.I took my laptop to service and optimized it at its best,it could be optimized.That didn`t help.Game has such awfull lag,that is literarly unplayable.Exampl: to drink water it takes 30-40 seconds.It is so hard to move arround.

That is the reason,why i am not active again lately.It is so frustrating and I feel so helpless.And I had to give out those feelings,to tell someone.As I cannot afford to get new pc or better laptop,and it doesn`t seem I would be able to get it in near future,I have to abandon game.Which is such a pitty,and makes me so very sad.This game was really the one I was looking for my wholle life and the only one,I ever thought it is worth to spend my money on.And when I think of upcomming story mode....aaarrgghhh!!! It just drives me crazy.

So,sorry,my frends.I haven`t forgotten you all,just have these problems with game.And,sorry for my post,but i just had to express out my thoughts.

Keep enjoying game,guys.I will still follow forums and check out gameplays,as well develop of this astonishingly beautyfull game.

Take care,guys and keep on your great work,dear Hinterland team.

Sad to hear that, Denyo. :(

I'm sorry to ask, but have you already considered buying some used gaming PC at ebay (or some local shop)? Even a 5 year old one for only 150-200€ might already meet TLD's minimum requirements, I guess. There's no need to spend a lot of money for a cutting edge gaming PC (let alone a gaming laptop).

Denyo, here's a few easy things you might want to try:

1. While playing the game, go into options menu to "display" and drop the image quality down a notch.

2. Un-install any programs and games you're not using on your computer.

3. Defragment your hard drive.

4. Go the "systems" menu of your computer, click on "hardware", then right click on your video card and select "update driver"........(make sure you're connected to the internet).

These might at least make the game playable for you!

Good Luck!

I started playing back game recently and it got me so hooked back.I enjoyed so crazy much all new improvements in game,new maps,audio,graphics,...I felt in love again in this awesome game of the milenium.

But then it started. :( In PV,whenever I was in Homestead,I had such awfull lag and it was worse every time I started to play.Then lag appeared also in all other interiors in PV,in time also when I was outside,during bad weather,blizzards and windy days. It was so bad and unplayable,that I had to move to Coastal Highway map. But just to encounter even heavyer lag,especially inside Quonset and town houses.

True,I still have my old laptop,but untill recently I had not much problems with lag and gameplay was surprisely smooth.Since last hotfix all got bad.I took my laptop to service and optimized it at its best,it could be optimized.That didn`t help.Game has such awfull lag,that is literarly unplayable.Exampl: to drink water it takes 30-40 seconds.It is so hard to move arround.

That is the reason,why i am not active again lately.It is so frustrating and I feel so helpless.And I had to give out those feelings,to tell someone.As I cannot afford to get new pc or better laptop,and it doesn`t seem I would be able to get it in near future,I have to abandon game.Which is such a pitty,and makes me so very sad.This game was really the one I was looking for my wholle life and the only one,I ever thought it is worth to spend my money on.And when I think of upcomming story mode....aaarrgghhh!!! It just drives me crazy.

So,sorry,my frends.I haven`t forgotten you all,just have these problems with game.And,sorry for my post,but i just had to express out my thoughts.

Keep enjoying game,guys.I will still follow forums and check out gameplays,as well develop of this astonishingly beautyfull game.

Sorry to hear that Denyo. Nothing changed in the last hotfix that would affect performance. It's possible some of your drivers updated since you last played and are affecting performance.

What are the specs for your laptop? If you send us your debug log we could take a look at that as well. info@hinterlandgames.com

--Patrick

I'm noticed that as well!

I have an old PC, but I was able to play the game without any issue!

That's changed since then. I don't remember which build was that, but it was the one where the switches/cables/lighting fixtures were introduced to indoor locations. My game is lagging since then. But, I have a shity PC, so I'm not complaining.

Sorry to hear that Denyo. Nothing changed in the last hotfix that would affect performance. It's possible some of your drivers updated since you last played and are affecting performance.

What are the specs for your laptop? If you send us your debug log we could take a look at that as well. info@hinterlandgames.com

--Patrick

Thanx,Patrick.I sent my specs and output log on mail.I could not find a way to find debug log,so I sent output log.I hope that helps.

I know my laptop does not meet even minimum requirements,but till recently game was still very playable.

Thanx,guys,for all your moral support.I really very appreciate all your kind words.

@Scyzara: I know there are cheap old pc`s and laptops,but I am from recently unimployed and without job,so even 10€ is for me alot of money.I am not crying or trying to pull out any sort of compassion,this is just a simple fact.I cannot afford myself any other pc or anything.

@cowboymrh: I tried everything,yes.I took my laptop to service as well,but still all the same.

Anyway...thanx again for all your good and nice words,guys.:) I will see,what future will bring to me.Maybe someday I will be able to come back to game and enjoy in its beauty. :)

Unfortunately, if your machine does not meet minimum specifications, it is not very likely things will greatly improve with another update. We always do our best to optimize gameplay as much as possible, but lowering minimum specs is not often part of that effort. As we stated early in the development process, it was/is likely minimum system requirements would change over time as the game grew. All that being said, we'll certainly take a look at the files you've sent and do what we can to help you.

Either way, it's nice to see you back in the forums, Denyo! Hope you're doing well.

If you don't have enough VRAM or processor power, that is going to be a problem. Try to drop the screen resolution to minimum setting; does that improve performance? If it makes a difference, you are on the trail of the problem.

Take a look at Taskmanager while you are playing to see if you are CPU bound or running low on available main memory or perhaps thrashing with swapping due to other processes running. Also check if your hard drive is getting hit too hard.

Archived