What are you playing now?

You are right, @KOPFSTOFF! My Laptop is 7.5 years old. I bought it in summer 2007 for my apprenticeship. EU release of the PS3 Slim, which I own, was in September 2009.

Since I have my PS3 I haven’t played any game for pc, because I thought "My old lady is not strong enough". Now I have the answer / the proof that I was right. :) Technology changes so fast. I preferably invest my money in games, not in stronger tech.

Of course I am a bit sad that I can’t play The Stanley Parable but I have to save my money. The Hinterlanders (and of course delicious pancakes) are waiting for me.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kerbal Space Program. It's a space simulator, but your program is populated by small, green alien astronauts who lack 'The Right Stuff' and scream their way into space (or to a fiery virtual death) on your ramshackle rockets and spaceplanes built up from the parts provided in the game.

It's got a fairly steep learning curve —pretty accurate physics and orbital mechanics— but the sense of achievement when you finally get a Lander on the Mun and bring your team home makes the effort worthwhile.

Better yet, the game is still in development so it gets better with every upgrade. Download the demo and give it a go.

@TattooedMac regarding your game taste you should have a look at trine 1 & 2 (great physics sidescroller puzzle game with beautiful vivid colours - great fun in coop too!), braid (awesome indie title with beautifully brush strokes graphics, where you have to manipulate time to solve puzzles, also sidescroller), deadlight (limbo + the walking dead + alan wake...), kentucky route zero (oldschool point & click style adventure with a "twilight zone", twin peaks feel to it... fantastic art direction and design too)...

but i bet most of them are already played through by you (hopefully ;)).

@KOPFSTOFF

Yes Braid is my most Favourite Indie game. Got it as soon as i finished watching "Indie Game ~ The Movie" Such a good story and the Art is fine too, but so because i could see what little Indie Dev Teams go through to get a game up and going. I actually have Trine 2 but haven't delved into it as yet, but will be in the near future. Still playing through The Cave ATM. Ill get there eventually, and before TLD comes into Beta stage.

@Brendan_Meyer, Gone Home sounds like my kind of game. Need to check that. I've got Dear Esther waiting for a suitable time. Feel more like horror games right now, so it's probably Amnesia next. Actually managed to finish Deadlight today with 29/31 achievements, but I'll pass the nightmare mode.

"dear esther" is a must! lovely experience. and it is kinda creepy too (without spoiling anything now)... i loved it and there's lots of things to discover inside the game... for instance: i played threw the first chapter in like 50 minutes first time i played. another time, where i just wanted to rush through it took me like ~8 minutes. you see... ;)

got wet eyes at the end too... my "review" on steam ->

kept inside that invisible cage, that prison, drowning in the deepest thoughts of you if you keep moving to far out the bounds of your very personal mind but also free and remaining on that beautiful island without time. the smallest details revealing a whole universe inside its core to explore. dear esther.

@TattooedMac glad you enjoyed "braid" that much! "indie game - the movie" was great, yeah! i just felt sorry for the guy who made "braid", since he was felt misunderstood by so many. he'S doing a ps4 exclusive btw. - it think it'll come to pc too, but not sure right now. looks beautiful again...

@IndianaJonas, i understand your choices :) i own the same ps3 model, but got mine later - around the 2011. my pc is also really not state of the art, but i've bought a new graphic card ~2 years ago with one gig ram (for like 130€ - they are SO cheep atm here in germany) and it's a very big performance boost (you can tell by watching what is actually preventing you from playing "stanley" f.e.)... well laptops aren't really made for playing games i think (onboard graphic chips, too often not that much ram, mostly not able to upgrade hardware, small displays, no mouse by default) - atleast not the one's i could afford. but yeah, for the last months i was playing with my ps3 most of the time too. gta v and the last of us...

(still playing "swapper" and "the last of us mp" right now.)

@Brendan_Meyer looks sick! :D i bet @raph has built a TLD version inside excel during lunch time just to have some fun. ;)

I play Alice: Madness Returns, the Sequel to the first Alice game that came out in 2000 on PC. Its sad that after the first one nothing was made as sequel and had to wait 11 whole years for that. I loved the first one with the great creepy Levels and characters in the game. The second game is in the same category as the first and is a must for Adventure gamers. :D

Trailer 1st game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG_-3T1Tljw

Trailer 2nd game:

Also on the Wii U I play Zelda WW HD. Really great game :3

Shadowrun Returns, FO:NV, and Civ IV on PC. My backlog of unplayed games from Steam/GOG/etc. sales (not to mention the 20+ kickstarter games I've supported that aren't out yet) is rather embarrassingly enormous. I could retire today and spend the rest of my remaining life going through the backlog.

And probably die a very happy man.

playing The Witcher 1 atm, also playing Spacebase DF-9 (one of Double Fine's Alphas), Gratuitous Space Battles, X-COM: UFO Defense (the original X-COM), Rust, Supreme Commander, The Dark Mod, McPixel, FTL, Divine Divinity, Cart Life and Black Mesa. These are all games I have played in the last week or so. Most of them I will be going back to until I finish them.

.... if you have not noticed already I have ADHD (no joke lol) and no job :D (working on the last one :D )

Dear Esther was very different from anything I've played before. I liked the story and the island is beautiful. I expect to play it again when I need to relax.

Amnesia: Dark Descent, on the other hand, is totally nerve wrecking. Took out my wireless headphones for it as headphones were recommended and the sounds and the distorting view as your sanity starts going make me really nervous. And I haven't even bumped into any monsters yet.

i never finished "amnesia". i had like 3/4 done, but then i ran into a gamebraker bug and my last save before that (did the mistake and used only one slot all the time) was waaaay to long behind. have to start it once again from the beginning some time. but i am still a bit frustrated about the first play. ;)

and year, "dear esther" is very special. :)

I can't get enough of this game, I really hope Naughty Dog makes some story DLC soon!

me too. :)

i played through it 3 times till now (one time alone on hard, then with my girlfriend on medium and then a third time on hard+), and there was never a game where character progression and story touched me so much in over 20 years of gaming (BAM!). right now i am still playing the multiplayer most of the time... still fun. :D

i buyed the seasonpass instantly after i finished the game the first time (i never buyed dlc stuff before!), so, me too can't wait for the singleplayer dlc to release.

story dlc will be released by the end of 2013 or early 2014 they've sayed. this got me hyped too:

tumblr_mu10mjTHqI1rjdpibo1_500.jpg

;)

@IndianaJonas, I've got the same problem now that I got new games from the Steam sale. Remember Me was getting a bit frustrating, so I decided to play some Deadlight as its difficulty seems more suitable for me (still dying a lot, but at least I'm progressing).

I had to take a break from Remember Me as well. I got to a point in the game where I just can't seem to make the right combination of moves to progress. I knew it would be a challenge to learn a completely different game control. I like the game though, just wish I was better at it so I could finish it.

I am rotating through a few, Battlefield 4, CoD Ghosts, Replaying Halo 4 (anniversary fun this week) and Halo 3, replaying Mass Effect, playing multiplayer Portal 2 with my son. Usually I play one until I'm done then move on, but there's a lot of neat stuff out there lately that I'm enjoying.

I just can't seem to make the right combination of moves to progress. I knew it would be a challenge to learn a completely different game control. I like the game though, just wish I was better at it so I could finish it.

My feelings exactly. Even with easy settings, complicated button sequences get me confused. In addition to not being a very good player, I've got a sort of "wires crossed" syndrome, which makes me think of one button, but press another when required to press buttons really quickly.

Dear Esther was very different from anything I've played before. I liked the story and the island is beautiful. I expect to play it again when I need to relax.

and yea,

"dear esther"

is very special.

:)

This is interesting, because i was gifted Dear Esther so very long ago, on Steam for Mac (we came late to the party sort of like 7yrs later on May 12, 2010), so i might have to get into it then :)

Mind you i just bought COD4 : Modern Warfare for $5 today via Cult of Mac for Steam so i been playing that all day . .. But thanks for the heads up about Dear Esther :)

The answer to that question will change at any moment, depending on my mood.

I've always got a few Elder Scrolls and The Sims games in progress. I just sort of drift in and out of them as the mood strikes.

I've played through the Delicious series of time management games,and am left disconsolantly wanting more. Likewise The Walking Dead.

Then there are those that I've set aside with my saved games on hold because I played too voraciously and got burned out, like Minecraft and Don't Starve.

These past couple of weeks I've been caught up in Diablo III, Everquest II, and a lovely little game called Cook, Serve, Delicious. Don't be put off by the title. It looks and plays like one of those cutesie little girl flash games, but after four hours, you suddenly notice the time and realize that the surprising depth of the game has grabbed you by the short hairs.

I'm currently playing The Last Door, an online game:

http://www.thelastdoor.com/

I just played the first chapter, and all I can say is "wow."

Seeing Dear Esther popping up in the messages here, that was a great experience! Not sure whether to class as a game or not…but that's a whole other discussion (same might be said for Gone Home) ;)

Currently, I am playing:

Pokemon X on 3DS

Gone Home on Mac

GTAV on XBOX360

Tiny Death Star on IOS

And this coming Friday when I get my PS4, Assassin's Creed 4!!

Archived