What are you playing now?

Right now DayZ Standalone is pure PvP action. Whoever gets the first gun when logging in, is usually the dominator.

I still enjoy it thoroughly. Our squad of 4 shall not be stopped! One day we might play the good guys, going around giving out medical supplies, water and food. On the other, we kill everyone on sight and rob people. :P

No offence Jetro, but you're exactly why I hate dayZ. :-)

And the reason I never started playing the game...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day Z....

Meh.

An update to the game Rust. They have removed zombies, so now it is no longer a zombie survival game. Might be a little more up your alley now.

Thanks Brendan! I did buy it after your initial recommendation. Havent had any time to play it yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see that the other backers and posters here have great taste in games.

Currently I'm going through Dishonored on the 360. I know I'm a little late to that party but with so many games out, unless it's a must play game, I need to hold off a while. Especially with the amount of time I have to game these days. And even if I wanna play something else I'll get distracted with another game. Try not to overlap things too much. One game at a time. At least these days. Gotta prioritize.

Recently finished Saints Row 3 and before that GTAV. Man, two very similar games back to back like that was almost too much. I also usually like to switch up styles/genres of games when going from one to another but I got SR3 for Xmas and had been wanting to complete it after renting it when it first came out. Def more fun than gta but not as rich an experience.

Quickly played through Brothers somewhere in there. Fantastic game. The ending was spoiled for me by someone when it first came out so I feel like I lost bit in there, but still highly recommended.

Wolf Among Us. Whoa. Played ep1 when it first came out and was floored at how good it was. And I haven't been the biggest fan of Telltale. Bought the season pass over the holidays and have ep2 ready to go but trying to get through Dishonored. That's sucked me in. Surprised at how lived in it feels. Pretty rich game. Heard it was good but I'm loving it.

My list of games I have but haven't started or completed is crazy long right now. Just a few, Syndicate, El Shaddai, Dear Esther, Hotline Miami (that one sucked me in quick, but lost me just as fast), Torchlight and Stackings. Yes, some recent oldies on there but I've got a backlog.

Lastly, just played the first episode of the Silent Age on iOS. Highly recommended. Kind of a point & click. Beautiful game that doesn't explain a lot. Very cool and quiet and mysterious. Need to get episode 2.

Anyway, that's what i'm playing atm.

Just tried the BETA of Elder Scrolls Online, I have to say that going into it I knew I wasn't a fan of MMOs but it definitely solidified that fact and made me cringe at what they did to an Elder Scrolls game, wasn't the same at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished picking the last trophies of Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons. The game's controls are hard, considering how few there are. Most of the time I just had to alternate between the brothers. And every time the little brother got to the left and big brother to the right on the screen, I got the controls mixed up and neither went where I intended them to go. At least there wasn't too many parts where speed was an issue or I would have been totally frustrated.

Visually, the game is great. Story was fairly simple, but interesting, and the ending was a total surprise.

[spoil]That'll teach you to save damsels in distress...[/spoil]

My current daily game is Smart As... for PS Vita as it's free with PS+ this month. It's fun for now, but I'll probably get bored fairly quickly after unlocking all the mini games. Although I am getting a bit obsessed about getting 3 stars on the genius level of the word wheel (got 2 stars at the moment).

• 3 weeks later...

I've just finished tomb raider (the remake) and I really loved the atmosphere half-horror half-adventure and the evolution of the main character from a scared teen to a killing machine. I found that was too bad they didn't push the surviving gameplay further.

Especialy because if you look in the details everything is there, the unlocable skills to find more wild animals and the possibility to hunt them.

And now I'm playing south park the stick of truth, I'm a fan of south park, family guy and archer. So I pre-ordered the collector grand wizard edition.

I played through Monument Valley this weekend. It was a really short game, but one of the prettiest and most relaxing I have played in a long time. A great iPad game and worth a look. With only 10 levels and fairly easy puzzles it only took a short time to complete. I hope with success they produce additional levels.

Also picked up FTL again. That game is so darn fun! I am terrible at it, but don't mind the challenge of going back into it and seeing how far along I can get.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Machinarium having it on my iPad Mini and Mac, but haven't played much lately, except Hitman on iPad Mini, great Puzzler game, but I'm pre Ordering WatchDogs™ [glow=black]about everything being connected in Chicago !!![/glow]

In this game you can HACK anything, from phones, tv's, CCTV, or anything that is wired to the internet, or has a camera. This is my James bond sort of games I like, and have heard about this quite a while ago, and now [glow=red][fade]**only 1 month to go**[/fade][/glow] and I'm can't wait.

There is single player mission, and you can switch straight over to Multi-player and into Factions to complete missions. Im going to have some sleepless nights, but I'm wondering how the missus will take it.

Oh well, I have 27 days to soften her up lol

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kerbal Space Program, The Long Dark, Kerbal Space Program, The Long Dark, Kerbal Space Program, The Long Dark, Kerbal Space Program, The Long Dark, Kerbal Space Program, The Long Dark, Kerbal Space Program, The Long Dark.

It's a viscous cycle. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

This weird little game called Jazzpunk. I can't explain how strange it is but for an example: You complete a mission of shooting down pigeons with a laser gun and receive 'eau de pigeon' which you can then spray people with. (They'll get swarmed by pigeons and die). wat

I'm three weeks out from graduation, so I don't have a lot of time...but...Apart from The Long Dark, I got totally sucked into This War of Mine a couple of weeks ago. That definitely took a chunk time out of a few of my nights. It's a really neat game, and I highly recommend it. I played a bit of Don't Starve Together as well, and I'm looking forward to getting back into that after school is finished melting my brain :)

Games I have on rotation when I just want to pop something in for "gaming therapy" are Banished, Mirror's Edge, Mass Effect, Fallout (3 and NV), and Tropico 5. Gotta have a couple of regulars I can rely on, right?

Kerbal Space Program, The Long Dark, Kerbal Space Program, The Long Dark, Kerbal Space Program, The Long Dark, Kerbal Space Program, The Long Dark, Kerbal Space Program, The Long Dark, Kerbal Space Program, The Long Dark.

It's a viscous cycle. :lol:

this x2

Archived