Rare tools and equipment

Howardhughes77

some stuff that i would like to see in TLD

Hoses/Manual pumps - Finding fuel can be very scarce, and can be used very quickly, so the addition of a hose/manual pump would be great for syphoning cars and trucks for their vast fuel tanks

Balloons and helium - Sometimes, even during the day, it can be hard to navigate around the maps efficiently, the addition of balloons and helium tanks along with wire could be very useful for putting together visible landmarkers that could be placed anywhere and seen from vantage points, and really, who doesnt like ballons? :)

Rope and rock climbing hooks or bolts - Often, you will need to go around rock faces, this can be incredibly time consuming, i propose some kind of rope and hook system to set up climbable rope so you dont have to walk around a long rock face everytime you need to go from point to point, the use could pe as simple as tying a a rope to a tree and throwing it off a cliff, or hammering a rock climbing bolt/hook into the top of a rock face and tying a rope to it

Spray paint - Another marker system, allowing you to freely paint some arrows or shapes and letters onto rock faces, buildings and trees to create an easily navigated environment, or to even just mark areas that have been searched

These are just some suggestions i would like to see added to the game :)

• 1 month later...

+1 for a hose or similar to syphon fuel from cars would be cool.

I also found since we can place objects where we want now a good use of tinder is to use them as markers on the ground. can even lay the out as arrows pointing to a direction, so i dont think you need the spray paint :)

long_Dark_Tinder.jpg

+1

I used to make fires (1 piece of cedar per fire - prior to sticks appearing, then 1 stick per fire) as trails leading from the small village in CH to a nearby fishing hut and then further on to both the bigger islands. Hated getting stuck in sudden blizzards and getting lost so those burnt out fires did the trick.

Would love to see the addition of climbing gear, though I'd probably use it to climb trees. Still, good idea!

• 2 years later...
On 9/20/2015 at 0:56 AM, Howardhughes77 said:

Rope and rock climbing hooks or bolts - Often, you will need to go around rock faces, this can be incredibly time consuming, i propose some kind of rope and hook system to set up climbable rope so you dont have to walk around a long rock face everytime you need to go from point to point, the use could pe as simple as tying a a rope to a tree and throwing it off a cliff, or hammering a rock climbing bolt/hook into the top of a rock face and tying a rope to it

This could fit in with a climbing or scrambling function. Instead of pitons, you could use slings crafted from strips of cloth and use small stones jammed into cracks as climbing protection points. This could also help resolve some apparent obstacle height issues for scrambling. Scrambling would be extremely valuable for navigating deadfall.

On 9/20/2015 at 9:56 AM, Howardhughes77 said:

Hoses/Manual pumps - Finding fuel can be very scarce, and can be used very quickly, so the addition of a hose/manual pump would be great for syphoning cars and trucks for their vast fuel tanks

gas from cars cannot be used as lantern fuel. Try it and you will blow yourself up. So 100% no, because if it was possible in the game, I am sure some idiots would think it can be used like that in real life and would end up killing themselves in real life as well. Human stupidity works that way. :D

Balloons and helium - Sometimes, even during the day, it can be hard to navigate around the maps efficiently, the addition of balloons and helium tanks along with wire could be very useful for putting together visible landmarkers that could be placed anywhere and seen from vantage points, and really, who doesnt like ballons? :)

Very creative, but I am not sure how you would explain it to blizzard, that it is not supposed to pop your precious baloon, or rip it off and have it fly somewhere far, far into the better lands. :D 

Rope and rock climbing hooks or bolts

I like the idea but it would really work similarly to rope climbing, I suppose. Meaning there would be specific paths that could be climbed by rock climbing gear - but as an option to get up somewhere at expense of energy, even if the rope is not already in place, would be kind of cool.

Spray paint - Another marker system

Unnecesary. First of all, we dont really need another marker system, and the game should be a little bit difficult to be enjoyaeble, wouldnt you say? Besides, "marking" something anywhere would be, in my opinion, very difficult thing to add in terms of coding. It is unlike anything in the game so far - so I see little reward for a lot of work here.

16 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

gas from cars cannot be used as lantern fuel. Try it and you will blow yourself up. So 100% no, because if it was possible in the game, I am sure some idiots would think it can be used like that in real life and would end up killing themselves in real life as well. Human stupidity works that way. :D

Absolutely..

But I'm not entirely sure why you're replying to a person that hasn't been back to the forums since the day they posted the above, over two years ago.

Archived