And, On the 12th Day, He Stacked Liquid Combustables

kaynesyduin

Same goes for food...and other 'consumables`!

I'd like to see the ability to choose the amount of food one wants to eat at a time.

Not just 'eat the hole bunch...or all that's there...till you're full'.

And drink as much as you can...at a time.

Or refuel the lantern to a chosen amount...not only 'till its full'.

...reload the rifle with only three bullets instead of 'till maxed out'.

Ok, in case of the rifle it would be relatively useless in terms of weight saving...because it weights the same...all the time :lol:

But for everything else it would make sense to choose the amount of stuff that one uses at a time.

• 2 weeks later...
+1 to the idea of being able to drain liquid from containers, and put in in another container. Such as transferring the kerosene from one storm lantern to another, so I don't have to simply take a second/heavy lantern that I don't need, just to carry the fuel.

As to degradation - doesn't kerosene last years, even decades before losing potency, if even then? I wonder if it makes sense to not even have a "quality" for kerosene - it should always be good. I guess if you let water into it, that could be bad, and perhaps the degradation effect currently employed mimics the effect of condensation from heat/cold cycles introducing water into the fuel - but that would mean a completely full jerry can (no room for condensation) would never degrade, while the more empty it is, the faster it would degrade.

Matches don't really decay either. A lot of stuff in the game shouldn't decay. When was the last time a pry bar stopped working after a week or two of use? How long would it take for wool socks to rot off your feet? I have a wool scarf my great grandmother knitted as a young bride. This thing is literally over 100 years old. Other than smelling a bit like a wet goat, it's still fully functional.

The devs wants all this stuff to decay so it does.

Realistically, stacking items makes sense.

But after having read a post above I have to agree that putting a better quality item into a lower quality item and then averaging the quality of the contents just for the purpose of stacking is, put bluntly, dumb.

You'd be out of your mind if you think I'm going to put the remain 20% of a $7 Chilean red wine (let's say this is the "less durable") into a 50% full bottle of $30 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ("more durable").

I feel the same about my kerosene as well, even though I don't drink it.

Matches don't really decay either. A lot of stuff in the game shouldn't decay. When was the last time a pry bar stopped working after a week or two of use? How long would it take for wool socks to rot off your feet? I have a wool scarf my great grandmother knitted as a young bride. This thing is literally over 100 years old. Other than smelling a bit like a wet goat, it's still fully functional.

The devs wants all this stuff to decay so it does.

I think if you're not using the item it should probably not decay.

But let's say you use a pry-bar to open a fishing hole. Okay, maybe it goes down a half of a percent. Realistically.

Things like clothing would probably decay but not at the rate they do. If I was using the same pair of socks every single day and no others, they'd probably have holes in them after about two months of use (I'm on my feet a lot).

But things like a jacket probably wouldn't decay unless I got into a fight with an animal. Absolutely the longer you're fighting that animal the worse condition your clothes (and you!) will be in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Another plug. I currently have five jerry cans and seven or more of those little kerosene bottles in my stash. All of them will fit in my backpack at the same time, by the way. I wish I could just..pour all of my kerosene into one jerry can! Imagine how convenient that would be! How much space and time it would save!

Archived