Missing mountains in Costal Highway

So dosent matter which run i start CH always missing mountains, I checked my graphics they are on highest settings, and distance where player is dosent matter. Tried to putting everything on max still the same. Ive notice that same thing on some streamers videos too so yeah maybe someone else has same issues? Note that it is always missing some part of it its never the same. The fist pic where it looks normal is pic taken before I had DLC.

image-67.png

wdqd.png

EF.png

ffw.png

Same thing here.  I was just in the same position as your second image, walking across the ice toward Desolation Point and the rocky parts of the mountains faded in as I got closer.  I expect it's some kind of performance thing, but I wish there was a setting to crank it up.  I have a pretty good graphics card with all settings as high as they'll go.  I'd love to see terrain like it was in your first image.  Worse, I think, is I don't see things like dropped meat from more than a very short distance away.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pyroxene said:

Maybe I'm blind, but I can't spot any missing mountains in your pictures.

The grey and black rocks of the mountains are turning into pure white- the shapes are the same, but the details of the rocks and trees and such are disappearing.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I've noticed this too. I was thinking of filing a bug report after digging up an old screenie to make sure I wasn't indulging in false memories. 

While it's super obvious here, I've poked around and this is actually being a fairly widespread problem across multiple regions.

The more technical explanation is that the stone entities that are placed on the terrain are not being rendered at distance. I'm pretty sure this is a result of the last update of TLD to use a more recent version of the Unity game engine, along with some other things I've noticed. for example, there are a bunch of trees scattered around the maps that get super distorted when the wind blows as edges that are supposed to remain in line (i.e. part of the tree's trunk) get blown about as if they were branches. I'm hoping that it's things like this and the (probably) hand tuning required to fix the render distances on those resources is part of why it's been so quiet; that kind of stuff is the get down stuck in it and work your way through, and I'd expect that the fix -> build -> test cycle on a game like this is probably pretty long, depending on just how long it takes to build the game and/or the regions.

• Upvote 1

Yep same here i call them breathing trees, I also notice theres problem like in FM at entrance from ML thers bunch of trees missing their leaves they are just naked or overall lack of trees it seems..

I think draw distance in general has become a lot worse over time. Either it's overzealous optimization or, as said, probably Unity engine upgrades. But even with the game being dates technically, it wasn't always this bad. Terrain and trees is one thing, but you also see it with carcasses and things dropped on the ground.