TALES, Part Five, tease...

1 minute ago, BugReportEnthusiast said:

Okay back to cougar shenanigans:

Will the struggle be unwinnable, or will we be able to fight back like wolves?

I think it would fit if it was unwinnable since cougars are big boys, but at the same time they are substantially smaller boys than bears or moose, so maybe we would be able to fight back with them as well.

Winning against a cougar with a bladed tool would also be kinda strong, since they'd bleed out and they probably give a lot more meat when killed. (and a hopefully better pelt)

I think they will be very silent ....with super silent attacks, crouching somewhere behind a rock ready to pounce O_O 

Like, with wolf you can hear them, they howl and if you are really close you kinda can hear their steps, and more importantly they bark when see you. 

I think with cougars it will be like " la la la I'm collecting twigs, la la AAAAAAA COUGAR IS EATING MY FACE!"

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, xanna said:

Finally a use for all those cardboard boxes:

image.thumb.png.fc802c5c3b392e2b105950708bcc2bbe.png

Lol😅

I don't think it's going to be that easy though . 

Makes me wonder if we can find ways to build a macgyver style trap using only what we have .

5 minutes ago, J.W.P said:

The wait is becoming unbearable. I can only play on the Nintendo Switch; it's all I have that can handle the game.

What do you mean by handle the game?  Are you having tech issue on another platform?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, xanna said:

"Meow" is a bit generous...

My cat has a similar moew, very raspy 😬 especially when its nighttime and he's singing his pre-zooming songs 

On 12/5/2023 at 10:10 AM, ManicManiac said:

What I wonder about is if it might be set to be an ambush predator.

If it's something that roams... then that's much easier to deal with and likely could be distracted or run off by stones (just like the wolves).  But if it ambushes... then there's a bigger chance that by the time we see it coming, it may be too late.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

*Horrified while getting attacked by a Cougar in-game*

**Feels conflicted as Cougar loudly purrs while eating my character's face off**

Purring would be a nice touch  

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

13c3e25c-8c47-510b-a50c-ab6827f48b56.jpg
I mean, just imagine wandering too close to and past a tree, having neglected to look up because we are too preoccupied with looking out for wolves on the ground... and then, "Death from above"  :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
(I have no idea how it will be implemented... but this possibility just feels terrifying 🤭)

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

What do you mean by handle the game?  Are you having tech issue on another platform?

No, I don't own a computer, PlayStation, Xbox, or a high-end PC; all I have is a Nintendo Switch.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, J.W.P said:

No, I don't own a computer, PlayStation, Xbox, or a high-end PC; all I have is a Nintendo Switch.

Oh I see. Well I'm glad you're not having any issues..  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

I've had a big cat making the game more difficult for years now...

DSC_0000192.jpg

That actually looks quite sweet..     wake up bunny 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

That actually looks quite sweet..     wake up bunny 

I can assure you she is just making sure it's dead... claw marks all over the monitor!  I think TLD it the ultimate game for moggies- fish, rabbits, ptarmigans, nice warm fires, dogs running away yelping.  Throw in big cougars mauling humans, it's the game of their dreams.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

I can assure you she is just making sure it's dead... claw marks all over the monitor!  I think TLD it the ultimate game for moggies- fish, rabbits, ptarmigans, nice warm fires, dogs running away yelping.  Throw in big cougars mauling humans, it's the game of their dreams.

Lol..  true cat behavior.. but I suppose it is a dream come true with all those critters on it

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1