how meny times have you been attacked by a dog or wolf IRL

Sadly I'venever seen a real wolf,unless there was one at the zoo when I was five and I can't remember..

The nearest wild ones are the other side of the country in a hidden protected spot..

I've never been bitten by a dog ,luckily..

• Upvote 2

Fortunately zero on both counts for me and I intend to keep it that way :).

I don't think many people who have been attacked by wolves in real life live to tell about it, especially with "wolf struggles" like we have in TLD... after all, unless the wolf is rabid (in which case you're even more screwed), they travel in packs. If you go down, I should think that they'd be all over you in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 8:06 PM, conanjaguar said:

Fortunately zero on both counts for me and I intend to keep it that way :).

I don't think many people who have been attacked by wolves in real life live to tell about it, especially with "wolf struggles" like we have in TLD... after all, unless the wolf is rabid (in which case you're even more screwed), they travel in packs. If you go down, I should think that they'd be all over you in a heartbeat.

I agree, dogs are different. The dog went straight for my face; it was a bloody mess. Very painful.

According to the American Veterinary Medical Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) had reported over 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs every year in the U.S with over 800,000 instances where medical attention is received and the most common victims being children.

On average, roughly 30 to 50 people die from dog bites each year in the United States, according to the National Library of Medicine.

According to the latest research, which studied worldwide data from 2002 to 2020, the risks associated with a wolf attack are “above zero, but far too low to calculate.”  That’s from a new report titled “Wolf attacks on humans: an update for 2002-2020” by John D. C. Linnell, Ekaterian Kovtun and Ive Rouart of the Norwegian Institute for Nature Research.

Linnell was an author of a 2002 report that summarized previously reported attacks. This new report offers a detailed look at each attack during 2002 to 2020, The researchers uncovered at least 26 fatal attacks by wolves, with the most (12) in Turkey. There were six fatal attacks in Iran, four in India, and one each in Canada, the United States, Tajikistan and Kazakhstan.

In all honesty... I'd say that dogs (as in the canines that we humans domesticated) are orders of magnitude more dangerous to humans than wolves are in the modern era.  A wolf's default reaction to humans in the vast majority of cases is avoidance (as the video I shared earlier can attest to).

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2