Numbers appearing on the screen after passing time.

I'm not sure what this is but thought best to post it here..

When I've finished passing time I get a line of numbers across the middle of the screen... It's very quick but I've managed to see it always starts with 20.  .. it flickers on immediately after time passed and then is replaced by the usual writing..

It's only been doing it since the zone update..

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

I've seen this a couple of times, not every time for sure -- very quick/almost subliminal.

I thought it was odd....      I did check after I wrote the thread and it didn't happen..     

I'm not a tech at all but I keep thinking 'coding' when I see it... Probably sounds daft though😁

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Pyroxene said:

Well for a very brief period of time it says like -24000 hours

Does it?   It's always been too quick for me to tell...    I haven't seen it at all lately though.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I can't recall ever seeing this happen, but it may have and I got forgot about it. It could be one of those really specific "This specific set of circumstances must occur" type of bugs that are really difficult to diagnose and reproduce. I'll keep an eye out for it though, and try to get a good debug SS if possible and make a copy of the save to send to HL Tech if I do see it happen. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

I think it has been longer, but I play so dang much I could be wrong.

Lol.. you and me both..  can't seem to put the controller  down sometimes😁

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

I can't recall ever seeing this happen, but it may have and I got forgot about it. It could be one of those really specific "This specific set of circumstances must occur" type of bugs that are really difficult to diagnose and reproduce. I'll keep an eye out for it though, and try to get a good debug SS if possible and make a copy of the save to send to HL Tech if I do see it happen. 

It really is very quick.. just a brief flash .. you'd probs be more likely to catch it if you were recording...

37 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It really is very quick.. just a brief flash .. you'd probs be more likely to catch it if you were recording...

Yeah, that's not going to happen. I don't record or broadcast or stream, and tbh- I am not going to set my rigs up with recording SW just to try to catch a really infrequent random bug that doesn't seem to break the game or affect gameplay in any way. If it was a serious bug that was gamebreaking or had a major negative impact on a save- I'd do it. But this doesn't seem like one of those kinds of bugs.

3 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Yeah, that's not going to happen. I don't record or broadcast or stream, and tbh- I am not going to set my rigs up with recording SW just to try to catch a really infrequent random bug that doesn't seem to break the game or affect gameplay in any way. If it was a serious bug that was gamebreaking or had a major negative impact on a save- I'd do it. But this doesn't seem like one of those kinds of bugs.

Sorry I didn't mean you specifically.. just generally..    I know it's not a serious bug,  I really only posted it because I thought I was having one of my weird bugs😁

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Sorry I didn't mean you specifically.. just generally..    I know it's not a serious bug,  I really only posted it because I thought I was having one of my weird bugs😁

Oh I'm sure it'll appear in the new Survivor Run I'm recording.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Of course, in fact it came up after boiling some water in a recording today.

I might make a image of the recording.

Boiling water?  It's not just sleeping then🤔.  

Thank you, I'd appreciate it😊.  

• Upvote 1

On 2/12/2024 at 7:10 AM, Leeanda said:

I'm not sure what this is but thought best to post it here..

When I've finished passing time I get a line of numbers across the middle of the screen... It's very quick but I've managed to see it always starts with 20.  .. it flickers on immediately after time passed and then is replaced by the usual writing..

It's only been doing it since the zone update..

Its been a bug for a while. Is it doing this? VideoCapture_20220421-115120.thumb.jpg.55d22296a98c183ec9bc40b59afa7545.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

Surprising, I've only really noticed it recently.

That and the Region Transition Crash to Desktop bug. Man that one's the worst.

Hear, hear. The transition bug must be fixed.