bunkers

9 hours ago, Serenity said:

There are two kinds of bunkers. The ones with the normal loot are in the base game. Technically they are called prepper caches:

https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Prepper_Cache

I make it three kinds, four if you think full bunkers are different from empty ones:

• Tales bunkers (opened with a lever) - DLC only
  • Prepper caches, some of which are empty, some of which are full of treasure
  • Prepper's Abandoned Cache, a permanent location in Pleasant Valley that has some loot

I have a history of overthinking this sort of thing:

• Upvote 1

It does get confusing...

For me I think of them as...

Bunkers-tales only

Caches- prepper caches

Mementos - memento caches.

Rock caches stay as is because I never use them..

PV cache - abandoned prepper cache

This does kind of solve it for me but maybe some slang needs to be thought of..

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

@Leeanda, don't forget about the ammo box caches in HRV.  Also, Transponder Caches.

Before DLC, good ol' "bunker" would do for prepper caches.  Now that long-standing tradition has been shattered by Tales.

I think of those boxes in hrv as containers rather than caches,but I forgot about the transponder ones..  while they are caches I just call them extra loot lol..  they could be called yellow caches?  They do ,for some reason remind me of messages in a bottle😁

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

also btw y'all I play on switch so it is base game.

That does make it simpler for you,at least until the dlc anyway .but there's still the prepper caches,the abandoned cache,rock caches and as @hozz1235 said the ammo boxes in hrv....    After a while you'll  probably have your own names for them all .. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

@xanna so is the abandoned cache guaranteed to spawn?

The one in Pleasant Valley by the rope is a permanent building in all modes and settings in the base game and DLC. It always has the same moderate amount of loot.

The other bunkers with wheel-operable hatches are also permanent fixtures, but they may be empty or may be chock full of good loot. They are in hard-to-find places, but are always there. They are also called "Abandoned Prepper's Cache", just to keep me on my toes.

17 minutes ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

I've made a map with possible routes in mind avoiding bears and wolves as best as possible ofc

canvas.png

That map is for v1.98, when bunkers did used to randomly spawn. We're on v2 since the first big update with DLC drop (Dec '22), so It's out of date, those bunker locations are no longer correct. Really sorry you did a bunch of work :(  :painkillers:

3 minutes ago, xanna said:

That map is for v1.98, when bunkers did used to randomly spawn. We're on v2 since the first big update with DLC drop (Dec '22), so It's out of date, those bunker locations are no longer correct. Really sorry you did a bunch of work :(  :painkillers:

I'm finna cry bro...

2 hours ago, xanna said:

hol up used to spawn randomly? does that mean they are guaranteed now?

1 minute ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

ah but even then the map I used is I guess outdated.

I don't think I've found a map with the prepper cache on it,if that's what you're looking for?   I can tell you where it is if you want to know

Spoiler

On the hill behind the cave at the crash site...   You can get to it by goating up the rocks from the left of the cave itself.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

hol up used to spawn randomly? does that mean they are guaranteed now?

Yep, as I said, the bunkers with wheel-operable hatches are also permanent fixtures, but they may be empty or may be chock full of good loot. They are in hard-to-find places, but are always there.

Not every region ha one, there are 9 of them altogether.
Despite the warning, this seems to be accurate:
https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Prepper_Cache