I’m back from my nap what did I miss

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Welcome back😊

Well ...there's a bridge in that mine that makes the ravine seem like a motorway....  It's terrifying ...  Once was definitely enough for me lol..

I call that the Balrog Pit.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Leeanda
🤭
I just meant it to answer your question... that was the Balrog in the Mines of Moria; and of course, Gandalf the Grey fending it off for the rest of the Fellowship to escape.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Oh I see.. sorry.. haven't watched it..    thank you😊

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Welcome back😊

Well ...there's a bridge in that mine that makes the ravine seem like a motorway....  It's terrifying ...  Once was definitely enough for me lol..

Died once trying to cross the ravine bridge and never went back since. That said, I don't recall anything like this in the mine... I managed to complete the tale, is it possible I missed it?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Died once trying to cross the ravine bridge and never went back since. That said, I don't recall anything like this in the mine... I managed to complete the tale, is it possible I missed it?

There's a back entrance to the mine outside, or there's a spot in the mine where you need to break down planks to keep going.. I chose the back way to avoid wasting any more canisters.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Leeanda said:

There's a back entrance to the mine outside, or there's a spot in the mine where you need to break down planks to keep going.. I chose the back way to avoid wasting any more canisters.

Indeed, that does ring a bell. I guess I'm just not sure how it compares to the Ravine 🙂

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Indeed, that does ring a bell. I guess I'm just not sure how it compares to the Ravine 🙂

If the ravine trestle swayed like the mine one does it'd be the worst...at least you can't see the drop in the mine ...

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah -- definitely once was enough -- the ZoC mine itself is fantastic but swaying "bridges" over dark pits is a no for me. 🤢

I know there was a poster who said that, in Ash Canyon, just focus on the far end of the bridge and walk normally and you're safe... but I just can't do it! I even forgo getting the backpack & crampons unless I really need them for my planned adventure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, twyn1 said:

Oh yeah -- definitely once was enough -- the ZoC mine itself is fantastic but swaying "bridges" over dark pits is a no for me. 🤢

I know there was a poster who said that, in Ash Canyon, just focus on the far end of the bridge and walk normally and you're safe... but I just can't do it! I even forgo getting the backpack & crampons unless I really need them for my planned adventure.

I've tried doing that and it's not always that easy, you can get stuck on some planks and I'm always walking up onto the ropes somehow..    I'd rather do the rope bridges than some of the fallen tree bridges though, again the one in the ravine,I keep getting stuck trying to get off it..

Yeah, that tree bridge is very sketchy at the end, the one in the little transition zone between ropes going to Milton can be iffy too -- and it's scary to back up and try to reorient yourself.

• Upvote 1