Travois gave me wings (limited, but still wings)

acada

I used the travois for first time in the game. It was great. Packed with 20kg of "essential things" moved from the Vacant depot in Transfer Pass to the Broken Railroad Maintenance Yard. in no time. Yes of course there were few unloading/loading parts. But the movement speed... Great. I have a question:

The wear and tear. Is it somehow connected to the surface you are walking on? I did not perform any measurement, but it seemed to me, the degradation is faster on non snow/ice surface. For example going through the tunnels seemed harsher on the condition than going on snowy paths.

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1

Yes, decay seems pretty fast. On Stalker, going from ML Camp Office, straight through FM to the BR Railroad Shed, mine went from 100% to 28%. 

It's particularly nice when you kill a moose or bear far away from one of your camps.  Other times, it seems not worth the trouble, especially in messy terrain like TWM or AC, when you're climbing or moving across bridges, through tunnels, etc. 

• Upvote 1

OK seems like no one has the answer for question if the decay is surface dependant or not. Once I got with mine travois to the CH, I will test it. It has nice long road, mostly not covered with snow and ice. Should be pretty easy to get matching routes.

• Upvote 1

The travois is the best addition to the game since TFTFT update for me. It beats all. 

2 hours ago, acada said:

OK seems like no one has the answer for question if the decay is surface dependant or not. Once I got with mine travois to the CH, I will test it. It has nice long road, mostly not covered with snow and ice. Should be pretty easy to get matching routes.

Havent tested it as well but it seems logical for it to take more dmg on hard surface.

I know that if you dont go in a nice str8 line and make rapid turns it makes a squeek sound and that is when it takes dmg. So like - the more turns you take, or your path is a "zigzag" instead of trying to pick a path with most str8 route mthe faster it will decay. 

Still one deer pelt and gut is nothing. I thing it should be more, maybe even one maple sapling. We can get them via beachcombing now even if we pick up all of them in every region. 

Edited by James Hickok
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, James Hickok said:

Still one deer pelt and gut is nothing. I thing it should be more, maybe even one maple sapling. We can get them via beachcombing now even if we pick up all of them in every region. 

This depends on how much you think running out of resources is a fun part of the game I suppose. And clearly, the game being so hard that you always lose pretty quickly is many players’ jam. And that is fine.

For me, I would rather there were more gameplay tasks, like maintenance, without that just being resources getting gobbled up to counter wicked fast depreciation. I find it frustrating when things in the game wear so quickly that it all seems to have been purchased from the dollar store.

For instance needing to continually sharpen an axe you are using most days is reasonable. But needing to sharpen it maybe ought to be separate from its durability. And of course any sharpening stone that is totally worn out after, what, 20 uses. You should get your money back for that.