food poisoning not working at all (for me at least)

snakeeyez

Since 2 months at least, i didnt experienced not even once a food poisoning. So even Stalker mode is a way too easy, if you can eat any s*** you find , without any consequence. I'm talking: raw meat under 10 percent and the like. Starting new game doesnt fix the problem - same walk in the park every time. I'm attaching the debug log , if that helps.

http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=8d9077a48f

I just recently started a new game and have survived 28 days. Most of this is me eating 20-30% food trying to eat the stuff before as it runs out - as I seem to have found a boat load of food on the CH which has seen me through and I've been stockpiling any meat I come across. Haven't had one incident of food poisoning as yet.

Everything's fine with me, I seem to have an increased risk of food poisoning even though it's an old savegame. Guess I have used more antibiotics during the last week than I have used the whole month before.^^

Especially when eating raw wolf meat, I get sick about 50% of the time. Maybe the Op could try to snack a few pieces of bloody Fluffy and tell whether he/she really can't get sick or was just incredibly lucky yet?

I haven't had any food poisoning before looong ago (v.18xish?), when the chance was initially majorly decreased because it occured too often. Since this point i have never gotted food poisoning. I eat raw meat / fish if it is in very good condition, otherwise cook it, and usually eat it when its at least 50% condition.

I am currently on a 515 day run in Stalker mode, started the run in v.215. I eat raw meat all the time at any and all condition %. When it gets close to going bad, I'll usually cook it unless I only have a piece or two left. Then I'll eat that cooked meat at any and all condition % as well. I have not had a single instance of food poisoning yet.

Food poisoning and sprained ankles have become rare, but it's for the better. They still happen occasionally, and that is enough. Right now it's also possible to avoid both if you are careful and disciplined. In previous versions you would get food poisoning from fresh cooked meat, that was really stupid.

I am currently on a 515 day run in Stalker mode, started the run in v.215. I eat raw meat all the time at any and all condition %.

In this case you either really have a bug or should honestly start to play the lottery. oO

Whenever I eat raw wolf meat, I have a 30% risk to get a food poisoning, at least. Eating raw rabbit or fish is much less risky (maybe 5%), but I've already had a poisoning because of that various times, too. (Last time it happened when I ate a freshly caught 99% condition raw rainbow trout - Denyo can testify it.^^)

Hard to say why anyone would complain. Food poisoning is now more or less exactly how it should be. I can confirm that I get poisonings from cooked meat lower than 50%. Whereas 80% and higher the change seems to be zero (almost).

I can also eat raw fish and occasionally raw meat, and even that wont automatically make me ill. To understand how much this has been improved you need to have played version 1.6 and lower. There I constantly reloaded because the game gave me poisoning 1/3 of the time, directly after I killed and cooked the meat.

I wasn't complaining at all - just describing my own experiences. I'm fine with the current food poisoning chances, they feel well-balanced.

But I also completely understand that other players, who can eat any kind of raw meat at any condition for hundreds of days without getting a single poisoning DO consider this to be a problem. ;)

Bugs needn't pertain to everyone, but those who suffer from them (even if it's just 2% of the playerbase) deserve to be heard.

The risk to sprain an ankle could be a bit higher for my personal taste. I have more than 50 painkillers left at Day 525 so far, not to mention 15 cups of rosehip tea. And it's really not like a sprained ankle would inevitably kill you as you can heal it very easily without medication by taking a short nap.

But I also completely understand that other players, who can eat any kind of raw meat at any condition for hundreds of days without getting a single poisoning DO consider this to be a problem. ;)

These people are probably exaggerating things. Eating raw meat at 50% will give me food poisoning very quickly. I don't think there is a question about that. Even cooked meat at 50% is not safe. Also this may be a result of randomness. You can take a dice and get lucky 6 times in succession. But in the long run these things even out.

@Burning bridges let me explain to you clearly that if you dont have problem with the current Bug explained above, that applies to you and the most of the players, lucky to have bug free game. But for the rest of us, even only 2 percent of all players, thats a game breaking experience. And yes its not luck if you eat 2-10 percent raw meat every time and nothing happens...for two or maybe more real time months, dont remember since when exactly.

So 'these people who probably exaggerating things' wish you happy gaming, and ask you to leave bugs solving to the devs.

Ate fresh venison (deer meat) 87%.

Got food poisoning. OK ... but always?? Seems i can get away with sushi but forget any kind of meat.

Take antibiotics or rest 10 hours.

-----------------------------

Figured it out I guess.

Ok, Antibiotics first, THEN rest.

Try to be clearer in the First Aid diologue box, MUCH MUCH Clearer please.

Most injuries are option A or B or C, not A or B THEN C.

Figured it out I guess. Ok, Antibiotics first, THEN rest. Try to be clearer in the First Aid diologue box, MUCH MUCH Clearer please. Most injuries are option A or B or C, not A or B THEN C.

Would only be logical though - if you sleep without taking antibiotics first, the poison would still be going through your system when you wake up. The antibiotics take care of the poison, the rest is the recovery time once it's gone.

My experience with food poisoning is this:

If you eat raw meat at any condition, you're fine, UNLESS when you're eating it you go above ~2400 calories. I recently did a 550 day run where I ate nothing but raw meat pretty much the entire run(this was before the last big patch that supposedly increased the food poisoning chance). Twice I tested this hypothesis by eating raw all the way to 2500 calories? Twice food poisoned.

On the new patch I continue to eat raw, no problem. Haven't tried going to 2500 cals on it yet though.

My experience with food poisoning is this:

If you eat raw meat at any condition, you're fine, UNLESS when you're eating it you go above ~2400 calories. I recently did a 550 day run where I ate nothing but raw meat pretty much the entire run(this was before the last big patch that supposedly increased the food poisoning chance). Twice I tested this hypothesis by eating raw all the way to 2500 calories? Twice food poisoned.

I've noticed this as well, good to hear that it wasn't just coincidence or my imagination. :)

If you hit the 2500 kcal mark while eating, your chances to become poisonned skyrocket. I've also had poisonnings from eating raw meat while I was hungrier (500-1500kcal), though. But I agree that it's much less likely to happen.^^

In this case you either really have a bug or should honestly start to play the lottery. oO

lol, my thoughts exactly 8-)

If there's anyone out there like myself who was starting to wonder how they would get the "Natural Healer" achievement without waiting for a new run, I found out that you don't need to be sick in order to unlock it. Just drink the antibiotic tea and/or the painkiller tea and if you've used the Old Man's Beard bandage already, the achievement will pop up.

Just recently decided to try to get food poisoning because I wasn't getting any, even eating food that was 20% or lower.

So I went about eating raw meat and drinking unsafe water, and for the life of me, I can't get food poisoning.

Going to continue trying to see if it's just a bug or me being incredibly lucky. But so far, I've stopped worrying about boiling water or cooking meat... which I'm sure is not how the game is supposed to be...

Testing will continue!

Archived