blackrock prison tunnels

xxfinebeanzxx

10 minutes ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

Can someone tell me what the point of the steam tunnels are in survival mode because I really don't know.

They connect the prison compound to the power plant and some other points of interest within the prison itself, if I recall correctly… and they’re very easy to get lost in. Bring spray paint ;).

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

I've never been to the power plant before so that might help

There is a little bit of loot,depending on your level, ..  

Must admit last time I went was to see if I could throw myself in the water 😁.    If only they could walk over things that were a foot or two high.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

There is a little bit of loot,depending on your level, ..  

Must admit last time I went was to see if I could throw myself in the water 😁.    If only they could walk over things that were a foot or two high.

i just got there i there a way to get into the lower levels there are two ladders but I cant go down em

2 hours ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

is there a purpose to go to the power plant tho? 

In story mode, yes.  It’s part of the story.  
In Survival mode, yes. It’sa great shortcut to the NW side of the map. It’s also where you will be able to use the signal tracker during an Aurora.
 It also allows you to be in a location waiting for the Aurora to start, when you need to access the ammo bench for the first time.  
I have found that the Aurora WILL NOT start if I’m camped out at the prison trying to access the ammo shop for the FIRST time.  I always have to be elsewhere on the map, I assume by dev design.  Because it forces me to traverse the map through Aurora timber wolf areas.  

So yes, there is a point.  

Though you may still find it pointless.  

• Upvote 1

Yes, there are two exits, so it connects the prison to the plant as others had said. From the plant you can find a place with lots of deer, rabbits and ptarmigan, and a nice overlook to most safely shoot a bear. If you can carry the meat back through the timberwolves.
All other parts of the tunnels are dead ends or detours, with some loot.

A bit off topic maybe, I found those tunnels to be the most depressing/repulsive of all GBI…

6 minutes ago, AdamvR said:

Yes, there are two exits, so it connects the prison to the plant as others had said. From the plant you can find a place with lots of deer, rabbits and ptarmigan, and a nice overlook to most safely shoot a bear. If you can carry the meat back through the timberwolves.
All other parts of the tunnels are dead ends or detours, with some loot.

A bit off topic maybe, I found those tunnels to be the most depressing/repulsive of all GBI…

Cull all but one of those wolves, he will leave you alone from that point forward.  Even trudging a travois full of bear meat…. 🫢

2 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

In story mode, yes.  It’s part of the story.  
In Survival mode, yes. It’sa great shortcut to the NW side of the map. It’s also where you will be able to use the signal tracker during an Aurora.
 It also allows you to be in a location waiting for the Aurora to start, when you need to access the ammo bench for the first time.  
I have found that the Aurora WILL NOT start if I’m camped out at the prison trying to access the ammo shop for the FIRST time.  I always have to be elsewhere on the map, I assume by dev design.  Because it forces me to traverse the map through Aurora timber wolf areas.  

So yes, there is a point.  

Though you may still find it pointless.  

did not know I couldn't just wait for an aurora in the prison

I mean... we can wait for an aurora pretty much anywhere.
We sort of have to if we want to unlock/access the workshop at the Last Resort Cannery, the workshop inside Blackrock Penitentiary, the old abandoned mine in Coastal Highway, or collecting the Buffer Memories.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
And places like Blackrock and Bleak Inlet can be fully explored without any conventional weapons at all.
It's also possible to avoid being spotted at all by the Timberwolves in both locations (yes, even the cannery).

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

yea actually I remember now that one did happen while I was at the prison so it might just be you

I’ve had that issue a few times actually.  Both in BI and BK.  If I get the code and get to the facility both during the daylight hours, I’ve ended up waiting around for days without an Aurora.  

As soon as I head down the road however….