Buried echoes: What am I missing? (possible spoiler alert)

I have buried the poor security chief remains. But still in my journal is one not fully fulfilled part. The part when I should have use the radio to track down crashed heli. No problem I got there and found the cache. Emptied it. But the task still says I have finished 1 of 2. There was nothing I could find in heli or near it. The message says something about tools in concetrator building. But I have found the respirator earlier.

The tale is finished and my Astrid now licks her wounds in the Vacant depot. But still: What have I missed?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, acada said:

... The message says something about tools in concetrator building. But I have found the respirator earlier.

The tale is finished and my Astrid now licks her wounds in the Vacant depot. But still: What have I missed?

Bolt Cutter?

23 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I did look in the chopper before but there was nothing in it at all...  Could be that though ...

IIRC that part's not referring to something in the chopper, but something nearby, that can only be found during an aurora. If you already got the first part, same thing. Can't for the life of me remember what's in there tho, but I guess it isn't something that's essential to the tale if you can finish without finding it.

I did find boltcutter, foremans key, main office key and mine key. Also I did find workers boots, hard hat and workers trousers. And I found respirator (which repaired on its own over night/update). I did not found any workes jacket or gloves. Could be this.

I do remember ditch of death under the heli. When exploring I saw a small ditch in the ravine under the heli. There was suspicious looking batch of snow. I went there before starting the tale. Only to find, that I am not able to climb back from it. had to restart game. I never dared to go down again after I started the tale. Is there something in the suspicious batch of snow after tale is started?

1 hour ago, acada said:

I did find boltcutter, foremans key, main office key and mine key. Also I did find workers boots, hard hat and workers trousers. And I found respirator (which repaired on its own over night/update). I did not found any workes jacket or gloves. Could be this.

I do remember ditch of death under the heli. When exploring I saw a small ditch in the ravine under the heli. There was suspicious looking batch of snow. I went there before starting the tale. Only to find, that I am not able to climb back from it. had to restart game. I never dared to go down again after I started the tale. Is there something in the suspicious batch of snow after tale is started?

I got stuck in there too.had to reload.. 

But after digging up the nite I carried on scanning but found nothing.. 

On 12/17/2023 at 8:36 PM, acada said:

I got there and found the cache. Emptied it. But the task still says I have finished 1 of 2. There was nothing I could find in heli or near it.

It happened to me too and couldn't find what I was missing. But upon looking closer, ...

Spoiler

...just next to the cache, was a security log. It is very easily overlooked as it is small and you tend to focus only on the cache. This log is the information bit that the objective is talking about. I got 2/2 after I picked the security log.

I hope this helps. Now, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but since the title is "What am I missing?", maybe someone can help me with this.

I've completed the tale, buried the bones, etc. and got the badge. But in the list of objectives, the last objective of "Search the deepest corners of the Langston mine" is unchecked. It says to find a way to the tracks connecting the concentrator to the ridge above. I thought this was the short bridge connecting the Concentrator with the Mine entrance for which we needed the Mine Gate key. Do I need to specifically find one branch of the mine or something. BTW, I've also found one branch that connects ...

Spoiler

the Langston mine via the Concentrator to the Mine entrance nr Miner's Path (or something) on the left side of the map along the river. This branch requires us to use a hatchet to break through planks.

So, what am I missing?

On 12/18/2023 at 5:42 PM, artmunki said:

IIRC that part's not referring to something in the chopper, but something nearby, that can only be found during an aurora. If you already got the first part, same thing. 

Yes it's buried in the snow in the back of the chopper - you need an aurora and the radio to find it with the beeping tracker ... then you uncover a cache there.