Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

30 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

Of course there a literally tons of games with "better" graphics than what you find with TLD, but if you recall each panel is/was a hand painted overlay.  Something akin to artistry and no photoreal CGI graphics.  You don't get the same rich and colorful feeling  with CGI action games as you do with TLD.  For action shooter games and the like I do enjoy a "photo realistic image" as much as the next guy but it kinda sounds like your poo pooing the game.  

screen_52524593-ea3e-48c9-b3e8-5a9468992484_hi.thumb.png.d51365d88a7102aa67a74a777101f904.png

Agreed! While this game hasn't got super realistic graphics it has its own unique beauty !sound like someone has forgotten that amid all that bloodshed

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

screen_13cb16e0-13fc-445e-aa50-306829cb32c4_hi.thumb.png.f4afc9d5ae63585dfd151e2225786916.png

Dooms Deaths
Carried on winds from mountains
Beyond the sea are fallen empires of oblivion
Deaths Dooms
Are falling upon soon-haunted civilizations
Crumbling and crippled
Leperous incarnations of what once had been
Enter the night-haunted realms of antiquity

screen_130070fc-76ee-48da-bf08-c7aee2fdd91d_hi.thumb.png.5d6f0dadafb4d6421bc2f61c99566395.png

Let this beasts still form
be warning!

I am Master of this Realm
Bow Down, Bow Down
Or I will eat your soul
as I suck the marrow from your
bones

• Upvote 4
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

screen_13cb16e0-13fc-445e-aa50-306829cb32c4_hi.thumb.png.f4afc9d5ae63585dfd151e2225786916.png

Dooms Deaths
Carried on winds from mountains
Beyond the sea are fallen empires of oblivion
Deaths Dooms
Are falling upon soon-haunted civilizations
Crumbling and crippled
Leperous incarnations of what once had been
Enter the night-haunted realms of antiquity

screen_130070fc-76ee-48da-bf08-c7aee2fdd91d_hi.thumb.png.5d6f0dadafb4d6421bc2f61c99566395.png

Let this beasts still form
be warning!

I am Master of this Realm
Bow Down, Bow Down
Or I will eat your soul
as I suck the marrow from your
bones

You have a creative yet twisted mind! 😀

• Upvote 2

Got another funny story but actually have a screenshot that tells it ;) 

I'm headed to Pleasant Valley and while I don't like traveling at night, I decided to go for it because it's clear and I can see what's coming. Everything is great, I get to the barn that's down the road from the farmstead, scavenge it and head towards the house, now I know that there's a bear that likes to patrol the area so I'm prepared, well, I come over the hill that's in front of the barn and surprise! Bear. Scared the absolute Christ out of me and I never turned and ran so fast in my life 😂 Almost made it to the door but the bear got me first, the blood splatter shows how close I got.

Don't worry, I lived. He absolutely decked me, ruined my toque and damaged my newly made rabbitskin mittens and deerskin boots, I picked myself back up and he's walking away so full of himself like "Oh yeah, that'll teach her!" .. Oh no you don't Mr Bear, I'm still alive! I shoot him in the back and he comes back for more but I got inside before he got me again. Spent the rest of the night healing up and in the morning, I'm still a bit worried that he's still right outside the door but whatever, I went for it and he's nowhere to be seen so I walk towards the house when I see him appear in the field and he dropped dead. .. Invigorating af let me tell you. :D^_^ 

20210818190941_1.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, PrincessAutumn said:

...I went for it and he's nowhere to be seen so I walk towards the house when I see him appear in the field and he dropped dead. .. Invigorating af let me tell you. :D^_^ 

you're half there to a new bearskin coat!  and you got a freezer full of meat to boot!  good thing its all so close to shelter, right?  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

you're half there to a new bearskin coat!  and you got a freezer full of meat to boot!  good thing its all so close to shelter, right?  

Oh definitely, I have another bearskin that's close to being done back in Mystery Lake at the Trapper's Homestead as well.

That's also the best thing about the bear being so close to the house. Only downside is that it comes with the risk of Intestinal Parasites which doesn't stop me of course because it's near a thousand calories and it's all in the name of harvesting and cooking skill :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1