New food items, buff/debuff list

sierra 117

Does anyone have a list of all the new buffs/debuffs for the new cooking recipes?

So I've had a look through the list of foods and I see some effect icons listed but there is no way to  select them, in order to see what they are.

I've seen YT vids where PC players can hover the cursor over the effects, but this can't be done on console.

Edited by sierra 117
Spelling

In addition to the Wiki, if you pick up one of the new cooked items in the game (yes, on console), you'll see some blue and, possibly, some red text along with appropriate icons in the item description.  For example, when holding my "Acceptable Peach Pie" is a blue eye icon followed by an up arrow and the word fatigue (which means eating this item will give a "reduce fatigue" buff.  I also see a red head icon with a down arrow and the word headache.  Red means this is a debuff, so it means it will give me a headache (which is a little wonky since one might think that the down arrow means it reduces a headache 😀)

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

@xanna & @Leeanda

Thank you for reminding me... I'd more-or-less forgotten about this.
I have yet to even find all the recipes (let alone try them out).

I feel like I need to commit to really giving the cooking system a shot.

I think perhaps after I get through Blackrock... and before I set out for the Far Territory, I need to regroup and do some science with the mechanics I've not really had much reason to experiment with yet.  (this includes fishing and hunting Ptarmigans)

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ManicManiac said:

@xanna & @Leeanda

I think perhaps after I get through Blackrock... and before I set out for the Far Territory, I need to regroup and do some science with the mechanics I've not really had much reason to experiment with yet.  (this includes fishing and hunting Ptarmigans)

There are some cool buffs even if getting the ingredients together can be a pain.  My favorite is the meat pies since I discovered that, by eating one, you can go from being encumbered and unable to climb a rope to being unencumbered and able to climb.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ManicManiac said:

@xanna & @Leeanda

When it comes to the ptarmigan may I suggest that you don't try shooting them with any guns whatsoever,they are bulletproof 😊 even at point blank range.

But you've got a lot to catch up on,and some fun😊

• Upvote 2